- Business: emap Publishing part of Metropolis International
- Base Location: Fleet Street, London
- Employment Type: Full time. Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Salary: £30,000 – £32,000 DOE +10%
Trading as emap for its B2B division, Metropolis International is a fast-growing business, privately owned Media Group with over £50m of annual revenue, structured in two divisions – consumer media, and business-to-business media. In both parts of the business, we run print magazines, digital content and both face-to-face and virtual awards, conferences and other events. Metropolis is actively looking at acquiring more media businesses. We employ over 480 people in offices in West London, Croydon, Fleet street, Devon and Dublin.
We are looking for a passionate Senior SEO Executive to join our company’s in house team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for driving both on-page and off-page implementations to increase visibility and rankings across the company’s media brands websites. You will also be responsible to produce monthly reports for internal stakeholders. Reporting to the SEO manager, you work closely with each of the in-brand teams and Web department.
SEO Executive Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all sites are fully optimised to drive rankings and organic visits from both on-page and technical SEO perspective.
- Work with the SEO Manager to develop & implement SEO strategies to increase organic traffic & rankings.
- Run competitor analysis, and keyword gap analysis to identify high value opportunities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure SEO best practices are being implemented.
- Create and maintain detailed reports on SEO performance and provide insights and recommendations for improvement.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
SEO Executive Skills:
- At least 2 years prior experience in a similar role
- Familiar with WordPress CMS
- Strong working knowledge of web analytics and SEO tools (Google Analytics (GA4), Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, SEMRush, Moz, Screaming Frog). Adobe Analytics is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to interpret and present data.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player, able to work with multiple business functions to achieve objectives.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic approach to work
- Fluent written and spoken English
Learning & Development:
At emap, we believe that employee learning and development are the key drivers of our success. To ensure continuous growth and meet the ever-changing demands of the workplace, we provide an environment that fosters continuous development for our employees.
Our employees are encouraged to identify their areas of personal and professional development aligned with our strategic areas, including management development, health, safety & wellbeing, sales, events management, marketing strategy, editorial, and information technology. We have a structured framework designed to help equip our employees with the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to excel in their job roles, contributing to achieving our organizational objectives.
To support our employees’ career development, we have designed specialized programs, as well as other stand-alone role-specific and generic courses, under the emap academy.
This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group. Together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income protection and more
- Continuous learning & development opportunities
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- One paid volunteer day per year
- Summer and Winter parties
- Work from home during August
- In-house Excellence Awards and other innovation projects
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.