Platforum is a leading research consultancy specialising in investment distribution to retail investors. We are market research analysts helping our clients to understand how investment products are distributed by wealth managers, financial advisers and direct-to-consumer (via digital investing services).
We do this by publishing reports that are used by several department in our client companies including senior management, strategy, marketing/PR and sales/distribution. We help them to understand the size and characteristics of the markets they are competing in and the key trends.
Our clients include many large financial services brands such as Aegon, Brooks Macdonald, Charles Stanley, Fidelity, Hargreaves Lansdown, J.P. Morgan and Tilney Group to name a few. We also cover the leading edge of digital innovation in investing and regularly speak to fintechs and advise private equity backers on M&A.
This role is tasked with delivering high quality research on the distribution of investments to retail investors, as well as maintaining strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders. We are a dynamic team with a high profile and our research on investors, intermediaries and providers is crucial to companies looking to make important strategic decisions.
As Junior Analyst you will work with team members and contribute to research influencing the strategic direction of investment firms. Part of a small team this role carries significant responsibility and offers opportunity for progression within the team and the wider business.
- Maintain and expand a network of industry contacts that provide data to Platforum.
- Manage quantitative and qualitative data collection from questionnaire design through to data collection.
- Analysis of businesses and sectors, using quantitative and qualitative data.
- Writing reports about retail distribution of funds and other investments.
- Project management of reports and other assignments.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients through account management.
- Present research findings at briefings.
- Support team with website management, blog posting, event organization/production, and other tasks as required
Skills and experience:
- Excellent numeracy and data analysis. Outstanding research and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written with the ability to write clearly and concisely about business-related subjects.
- Ability to produce robust and insightful analysis.
- Core IT skills, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Acute attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills.
- Knowledge, understanding and enthusiasm for investment and financial issues. Reasonable understanding of how investment businesses operate and market their services.
- Confident and professional manner.
- Flexibility: adaptable to a changing environment and tactics.
- Proactive skills: an achiever who can work independently and effectively with a focus on results
- A desire to develop a career in financial services.
- Well-presented and articulate, confident with liaising with clients at a senior level.
- Highly self-motivated and prepared to go above and beyond
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Income Protection and more
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in emap. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We are committed to achieving a working environment that provides equality of opportunity and freedom from discrimination. We aim to become the most inclusive business in Publishing- both for our people and our customers, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we work with. We want people from all backgrounds to feel valued for their individuality and to thrive in our business and feel part of the Metropolis Group.