EMAP is a progressive media, content, events, subscription, and networking business. We connect influential people and organisations to a high-value network of decision-makers, data, and ideas through our industry-leading business to business portfolio of brands.
Our unrivalled relationships with experienced and highly skilled professionals in niche industries are of high value and interest to companies looking to influence and engage decision makers in those sectors. We deliver access to these highly sought-after business professionals through award-winning print and digital content, live events, intelligence services and recruitment solutions.
As Customer Service Executive, you will make sure that the needs of customers are being met or exceeded. Your aim is to provide and promote excellent customer service throughout emap. ensuring that service standards are being met and problems are resolved.
- Provide help to customers using emap’s products or services
- Communicate courteously with customers by telephone, email, letter and face-to-face
- Investigate and solve customers’ problems, which may be complex or long-standing
- Handle customer complaints or any major incidents
- Issue refunds or compensation to customers
- Keep accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers
- Produce written information for customers
- Learn about emap’s products or services and keep up to date with changes
- Keep ahead of developments in customer service by reading relevant journals, going to meetings, and attending courses.
- Ensure that the corporate subscription business runs smoothly
- Ensure all corporate orders are set up and the clients are onboarded quickly and efficiently
- Liaise with the sales team and resolve any set up queries or issues with access
- Manage the month end process – ensuring all orders are processed ahead of month end
- Actioning and completing comparisons and checks and balances to ensure data accuracy
- Liaise with DSB and Esco to resolve and query set up and delivery issues
Relationship management (all third parties and key stakeholders):
- Initiate and action quarterly SLA catch up meetings to chase up on any contractual obligations
- Review and raise POs for all monthly invoices.
- Maintain and develop relationship with DSB and Esco
- Maintain and develop relationship with Heads of Marketing
Skills and experience:
- communication skills that allow you to inform, help and advise customers clearly and to liaise effectively with other professionals, listening skills, to understand exactly what customers require
- Problem-solving skills
- Confidence, patience, politeness, tact, and diplomacy, when dealing with difficult situations
- Motivational skills and an ability to supervise and lead the customer service team
- Creative thinking, to be able to come up with new ideas to improve customer service standards
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Organisational and planning skills to develop customer service policies
- Good personal presentation, especially when face-to-face with customers
- Commitment to improve your customer service skills on an ongoing basis
- Excellent organisational skills, quick thinker, problem solver and able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain information clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Innovative and able to develop, and support new and improved method, products, procedures, and technologies.
- Collaborative team player, both internally and externally.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to communicate and form working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with all stakeholders.
- Resourceful and purposeful, with initiative, drive, and a strong desire to deliver exceptional results.
- Customer-orientated mindset.
- Strategic Thinker.
Career & Personal Development:
We have a dedicated in-house Learning and Developing coordinator to guide you and support you with your career development.
Here at emap, we consider employee learning & development very fundamental to the continuous success of our businesses. As a result, we provide an environment where continuous development takes place, and employees are supported to meet the ever-changing demands and priorities of the workplace.
To achieve this goal, our employees are encouraged to identify respective areas of personal and professional development focused on six (6) strategic areas (Management & People: Health; Safety; Wellbeing, Sales, Events, Marketing, Editorial, Information Technology), and we have a framework to help equip employees with the right knowledge, skills and behaviors required to deliver in their job roles, which ultimately contributes value towards achieving set organizational objectives.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Continuous learning & Development opportunities
- Volunteer day
- Private virtual GP access
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and more
Equipment: Due to hybrid working laptops are provided.
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.