EMAP is a progressive content, subscription & networking business. We connect influential people and organisations to a high-value network of decision-makers, data and ideas through our industry-leading business to business portfolio of brands.
Our unrivalled relationships with experienced and highly skilled professionals in niche industries are of high value to companies looking to influence and engage decision makers. We deliver access to these highly sort after business professionals through award winning print and digital content, live events, intelligence services, learning tools and recruitment solutions.
The Account Director will effectively grow and manage key, strategic, new, and established customer relationships, research the Technology sector, recognise trends, and become an expert in the industry to contribute to current and future sales strategies. The role will involve great customer service, creative selling, and the ability to recognise what are the next developments in tech and how that will impact the fashion retail sector.
To sell bespoke marketing solutions and event sponsorship to key accounts from the Tech sector across the Drapers portfolio.
You will work closely with colleagues in Sales, Marketing, Event Operations and Editorial teams to develop and build on existing key client strategies, establish new commercial opportunities and drive revenue.
- Sourcing and securing new business revenue proactively and strategically in your agreed territory whilst managing and growing existing accounts (approx. 50/50)
- Raise and maintain Drapers brand profile in the market, to be the advertising media of choice.
- Deliver / exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual target revenues to generate sustainable growth year on year
- Find and target new areas for revenue i.e., new advertisers from the competition, new product and company launches featured in editorial.
- Be accountable for all business covered by your allocated area of responsibility. This should include action plans, knowledge of competitor activity, marketing briefs, client’s history, planned activity, key personnel and decision makers and so on.
- Maintain regular contact with client list and build excellent working relationships to increase Drapers share of clients spend.
- Attend industry exhibitions/conferences/events and seminars as agreed, to maintain and build client contacts and obtain new leads where possible.
- Selling the full range of products in the portfolio – from print and digital through to complex sponsorship campaigns
- Making the agreed number of calls, trade show visits and client meetings to ensure regular contact with new and existing clients to grow revenue and market share (some international travel may be required)
Skills and experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a B2B or consumer publishing and events sales environment
- A high level of business acumen and commercial awareness, able to provide creative solutions to complex problems
- A good understanding of the current media landscape and the opportunities available for clients to deliver meaningful connections and engagement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain strong personal relationships with team members and external stakeholders
- Strong organisational and time management skills, having the flexibility to be able to multitask and prioritise own workload with ease
- A driven character and self-starter who has a genuine passion for businesses and how they operate, and who thrives in a growing environment
Collaborative, strong communication and presentation skills, flexible and adaptable, organized, strategic and quick thinker, ability to juggle numerous projects at any one time, problem solver, technologically competent, social media savvy
Qualifications and Experience
- Clear understanding of B2B marketing solutions.
- Proven track record of hitting targets and driving sales growth.
- Demonstrable record of success at selling marketing solutions to a variety of clients and market sectors.
- Specific sales experience of high-value events sponsorship.
- Specific experience of both new business development and account management.
- Some experience of selling bespoke or customised marketing solutions.
- Hands-on practice of consultative and value-based selling styles.
- Knowledge of healthcare sector is preferable, but not essential.
Career & Personal Development:
We have a dedicated in-house Learning and Developing coordinator to guide you and support you with your career development.
Here at emap, we consider employee learning & development very fundamental to the continuous success of our businesses. As a result, we provide an environment where continuous development takes place, and employees are supported to meet the ever-changing demands and priorities of the workplace.
To achieve this goal, our employees are encouraged to identify respective areas of personal and professional development focused on six (6) strategic areas (Management & People: Health; Safety; Wellbeing, Sales, Events, Marketing, Editorial, Information Technology), and we have a framework to help equip employees with the right knowledge, skills and behaviors required to deliver in their job roles, which ultimately contributes value towards achieving set organizational objectives.
This role requires a hybrid working pattern with 2 days currently office based.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Income Protection and more