EMAP is a progressive content, subscription & networking business. We connect influential people and organisations to a high-value network of decision-makers, data and ideas through our industry-leading business to business portfolio of brands.
Our unrivalled relationships with experienced and highly skilled professionals in niche industries are of high value to companies looking to influence and engage decision makers. We deliver access to these highly sort after business professionals through award winning print and digital content, live events, intelligence services, learning tools and recruitment solutions.
Nursing Times (NT) is one of EMAP’s highest profile, longest established and highest revenue generating brands.
As Account Director you will join the commercial sales team to drive revenue growth from conference and awards sponsorships, custom marketing solutions, events services, print and digital media advertising and bespoke research.
You will personally manage a territory of high-spending key accounts and will be able to generate similarly high-value new business prospects. You will be a significant revenue generator across all platforms.
You will work closely with colleagues in Sales, Marketing, Event Operations and Editorial teams to develop and build on existing key client strategies, establish new commercial opportunities and drive revenue.
- Implement their personal sales plan to maintain and optimise their territory pipeline.
- To ensure maximum sales impact and coverage to grow revenue.
- Monitor, report and deliver on revenue goals, and to exceed against sales targets.
- Maintain best sales practices of sales process and order management on the company CRM.
- Absolute clarity around your sales metrics and revenue performance as well as an awareness of overall brand and event performance.
- Owning a YOY growth strategy and key account plan with revenue, opportunity and tactics mapped for all key accounts.
- Maintain regular contact with your clients through email, face-to-face visits and telephone contact.
- Build excellent working relationships in order to increase each brand’s share of client spend.
- Produce regular performance reports (detailing calls, visits, actions and outcomes) for the Sales Director.
- Constructively challenging our customers – leading debate to influence client partnership solutions
- Brand focus beyond sales – Owning a passion for the brand and supporting group initiatives beyond personal remit and revenue responsibility.
- A source of market and product knowledge across the business. Actively sharing, supporting and coaching colleagues to work towards common goals.
- Taking the sales planning to the next level by driving new product development and revenue acceleration projects involving multiple stakeholders from various departments.
- Be team-oriented; partner with colleagues in sales, editorial and operations teams to ensure your client expectations align with the strategic goals and capabilities of the business.
- Be open and communicative with colleagues; share in the success of others and support them to overcome challenges.
- Work to gain understanding of market trends to improve comprehension of your clients’ needs.
- Be motivated to learn new skills and to adopt more sophisticated selling styles.
- Monitor market and competitor developments to inform strategy.
- Professional persona – provides a strong example of the attitude and behaviours that need to be demonstrated to all sales staff on how to be successful.
- Key influencer across the team and wider business, supporting the Sales Director in a leadership role.
- To be a recognised face of the brand across the industry owning strong relationships with industry bodies and experts
Qualifications and Experience
- Clear understanding of B2B marketing solutions.
- Proven track record of hitting targets and driving sales growth.
- Demonstrable record of success at selling marketing solutions to a variety of clients and market sectors.
- Specific sales experience of high-value events sponsorship.
- Specific experience of both new business development and account management.
- Some experience of selling bespoke or customised marketing solutions.
- Hands-on practise of consultative and value-based selling styles.
- Knowledge of healthcare sector is preferable, but not essential.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Continuous learning & Development opportunities
- Volunteer day
- Private virtual GP access
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and more
Equipment: Due to hybrid working laptops are provided.
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply:
Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.