- Business: emap
- Brand: Electronics Weekly
- Base Location: Croydon/Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 DOE + OTE
Overview of the company and overall purpose of the Role:
EMAP is a progressive content, subscription & networking business. We connect influential people and organisations to a high-value network of decision-makers, data and ideas through our industry-leading business to business portfolio of brands.
Our unrivalled relationships with experienced and highly skilled professionals in niche industries are of high value and interest to companies looking to influence and engage decision makers in those sectors. We deliver access to these highly sought-after business professionals through award-winning print and digital content, live events, intelligence services and recruitment solutions.
Electronics Weekly is a market leading brand, having provided important content to the electronics sector for over 60 years.
Electronics Weekly engages with senior decision-makers across this fast-changing sector, online, in print and face to face, providing the best news, analysis, best practice and opinion needed by professionals managing billions of spend. Electronics Weekly has a portfolio of commercial marketing and advertising opportunities, with high impact award ceremonies and other events. It is the market-leading digital brand, and its team is well known for providing digital advice across to agencies and clients across the sector.
We are looking for a target-driven sales executive to work across a portfolio of digital, print, video, content marketing, live events activities and more to help grow the brand and take it forward to the next stage.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to work on exciting new launches and brand extensions as well as core products.
The successful candidate will be able to contribute to the wider business and play a part in the brand’s future development while benefiting from fantastic support, personal and career development.
If you revel in variety, thrive in challenges, love to learn, have a powerful will to succeed and are prepared to work hard to win, then this is for you!
About the role:
The primary objective of the role is to sell advertising space, sponsorship and other marketing products across the Electronics Weekly portfolio.
Key elements of this will include:
- Sales on the telephone, email and face to face around the UK and overseas to meet the needs of an international client base;
- Acquiring new customers in order to generate new revenue and increase market share;
- Selling cross-platform and bespoke solutions to large well-known global PLCs, SMEs and agencies, with a mix of new business development and account management
- Maintaining and growing existing accounts and building strong relationships with those clients through regular contact and very high levels of customer service and care;
- Managing the delivery of performance reports back to clients, in particular for digital campaigns in conjunction with the client support executive, ad ops and email teams;
- Attending industry events and shows, both around the UK and overseas;
- Developing a strong understanding of the electronics market in order to identify opportunities to expand Electronics Weekly products and sales;
- Sharing client and competitor information and intelligence to the Senior Commercial Manager and other team members.
- Achievement of agreed sales targets
- Increasing new business
- Increasing revenues from key accounts
- Selling awards, events sponsorships and projects to meet agreed targets
- To learn and establish a solid understanding of the market, products, client needs and competitors to be able to confidently and competently sell the EW proposition and service the needs of customers
Skills and experience:
- Some sales experience or clear and demonstrable interest in getting into sales;
- Some experience working on targets and KPIs;
- Some experience selling media products to new and existing clients preferred but not necessary as training will be provided;
- Understanding of the typical products in the B2B media industry preferred;
- Great communication skills and consultative approach with a strong customer care attitude;
- Excellent time management, organisation and a can-do, optimistic attitude;
- Strong administrative skills;
- Money-motivated, honest, reliable, hunger to learn & develop, ambitious, hard-working and solutions-orientated;
- Team-orientated, with a strong will to succeed and a positive attitude;
- Some knowledge of the electronics field is preferable but not essential; however, the ideal candidate will have the drive and curiosity to quickly learn about the industry;
- High energy
- High personal integrity
- Great communicator
- Team player
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Season travel ticket loan
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and more
Equipment: Due to hybrid working laptops are provided.
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.