- Business: emap
- Base Location: Shoreditch
- Brand: Materials Recycling World
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 DOE + commission + Benefits
Trading as EMAP for its B2B division, Metropolis International is a fast-growing business, privately owned Media Group with over £50m of annual revenue, structured in two divisions – consumer media, and business-to-business media. In both parts of the business we run print magazines, digital content and both face-to-face and virtual awards, conferences and other events. Metropolis is actively looking at acquiring more media businesses. We employ over 480 people in offices in West London, Croydon, Shoreditch, Devon and Dublin
Materials Recycling World is the leading media trade brand for the waste, recycling, and resource management industry.
We provide a print and digital ‘marketplace’ for sharing information, prices, best practice, innovation and debate across the sector – and for those beyond it interested in sustainability. We help ‘waste’ businesses partner with those in the wider economy looking to be more efficient with their resources.
We have a exciting opportunity as a Sales Account Manager who can hit the ground running and will inherit some managed accounts as well as targeting new business and win back clients.
Your role will involve offering advice on how to engage with our audiences via our marketing solutions offer across print and digital advertising, bespoke solutions and events sponsorship. Your conversations will be a mix of strategic as well as transactional.
You will be working with an experienced Sales Director and Editor, who will be there to oversee and help. It’s a great chance for someone to take the brand and manage it like it is their own business.
- Achieve personal sales target for monthly, quarterly, and create new business and win backs.
- Execute the sales strategy, ensuring maximum delivery against sales targets for MRW
- Hold yourself accountable against targets, best practice of pipeline management,
- emap behaviours, and act on all KPI’s.
- Work with the Sales Director and Editor on new product opportunities and business plans.
- Have a deep understanding of the information needs of the current and potential customers.
- Regularly feeding back insight gained from the marketplace back to Sales Director
- Give input into budget forecasts and presentations.
Skills and experience:
- 12 – 18 months media sales experience needed
- Sales orientated with a consultative style.
- An initiative-taker, who can learn quickly, and hit the ground running
- Excellent time management skills
- A rigorous sales process and strong sales pipeline management, using CRM tools.
- Proven history of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a b2b media business.
- Ability to work closely with other senior colleagues and achieve results through influence.
- Analytical and commercially minded
- Possess a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Curious with an entrepreneurial nature.
- Open to new product development
- Driven and Motivated
- High Energy
- High level of personal Integrity
- Great Communicator
- Committed to self-development and success.
- Team player is a must
- Someone who is willing to learn and excel
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Continuous learning & Development opportunities
- Volunteer day
- Private virtual GP access
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and more
Equipment: Due to hybrid working laptops are provided.
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.