- Business: emap
- Brand: Electronics Weekly
- Base Location: Croydon/Hybrid ( up to 3 days from home)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £30,000- £35,000 DOE + 30% Bonus + Benefits
emap is a progressive B2B subscriptions, networking and content business with industry-leading brands, reaching customers across multiple touch points including online, print, and face to face at events, exhibitions and awards.
Electronics Weekly is a market leading brand, having provided exceptional quality content to the electronics sector for over 60 years.
Electronics Weekly engages with senior decision-makers across this fast-changing sector, online, in print and face to face, providing the best news, analysis, best practice and opinion needed by professionals managing billions of spend. Electronics Weekly has a portfolio of commercial marketing and advertising opportunities, with high impact award ceremonies and other events. It is the market-leading digital brand, and its team is well known for providing digital advice across to agencies and clients across the sector.
About the role:
This role is business critical and therefore vital for the brand’s future growth and success. The successful candidate will be able to contribute to the wider business and play a part in the brand’s future development while benefiting from fantastic support and training, personal and career development. If you revel in variety, thrive in challenges, love to learn, have a powerful will to succeed and are prepared to work hard to win, then this is for you!
- Selling cross-platform and bespoke solutions to large well-known global PLCs, SMEs, and agencies, with a mix of new business development and account management
- Maintain and grow your territory, increasing new business and revenues from key accounts
- Selling awards, events sponsorships, and projects to meet agreed targets
- Acquiring new customers to generate new revenue and increase market share
- Maintaining and growing existing accounts and building strong relationships with those clients through regular contact and very high levels of customer service and care
- Managing the delivery of performance reports back to clients, for digital campaigns in conjunction with the ad ops and email teams
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate: We are looking for a skilled, tenacious and polished sales professional to work across a portfolio of digital, print, video, content marketing, live events activities and more to help grow the brand and take it forward to the next stage.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to work on exciting new launches and brand extensions as well as core products. This is the ideal role for someone with a strong work ethic, consultative manner, excellent listening and presentation skills, who wants to work for a highly influential brand and wants to enhance their knowledge and progress their career in the digital and events space.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Continuous learning & Development opportunities
- Volunteer day
- Private virtual GP access
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and more
Equipment: Due to hybrid working laptops are provided.
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.