- Business: emap
- Brand AV Magazine
- Base Location: Croydon/Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £ 31,000 DOE + Bonus
AV Magazine was launched in 1972 and is now the leading title for the professional audio-visual sector. The AV portfolio includes AV and AV Europe magazines, the AV Powerbook Directory and numerous supplements.
AV is the only title in pro-av with an ABC circulation audit, giving it unrivalled levels of information about its readers. Each UK issue reaches c.18,000 readers, while AV Europe reaches over 37,000. Both magazines cover the entire pro-av community, from end user, integrator, reseller and distributor through to manufacturer.
The annual AV Awards celebrate excellence in the industry. Entries are rigorously judged by an independent panel and the gala dinner at which winners are presented with their awards is a must-attend date in the pro-av calendar.
AV has a strong online presence including a daily news bulletin, a weekly European news bulletin and daily information and news updates on its website.
- Managing the development of revenue by achieving agreed personal targets and preparing proposals
- Taking a proactive approach to lead sourcing in-order- to uncover new business opportunities
- Liaising with clients daily to discuss and identify their advertising requirements – devising an advertising campaign that meets their needs and budget
- Creating new business relationships whilst building rapport and growing existing business to increase revenue across your client area
- Ensure YOY growth of portfolio through the acquisition of new business, including sourcing your own new business leads.
- Lead trading updates with your line manager and key stakeholders weekly and always have 100% accuracy of numbers and pipelines.
- Maintain a robust and ambitious sales plan and ensure maximum delivery against sales targets for entire portfolio.
- To raise and maintain brand profile and become the recognised face of your portfolio, internally and externally.
- Closely monitor competitor activity and understand the market forces influencing your sector.
- Be an example to the team and set the standard with regards to KPI’s, target performance and behaviors.
Skills and experience:
- Proven and successful track record of a consultative new business approach
- Evidence of success in building and managing relationships with key decision makers
- Education to degree level or equivalent desirable but not essential
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Experienced using CRM.
- Previous experience with a structured sales training method.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Collaborative team player.
- Time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service standards both internal and external
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial and curious
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Proactive approach to personal development
- Representing the brand, you will be an ambassador. Maintaining a polished and professional appearance and demeanor.
- High integrity with a strong work ethic.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and more
Equipment: Due to hybrid working laptops are provided.
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply:
Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.