Emap part of Metropolis International Group is a business-to-business media group with over 40 brands across various sectors. The role of Application Support Analyst will be to cover the following elements:
- Act as first/second line support for all incoming cases/tickets relating to all business applications, closing tickets where possible or triaging and assigning to appropriate teams or vendor.
- Act as first/second line support for all incoming cases/tickets relating to the custom in-house developed WordPress platform, closing tickets where possible or triaging and assigning to appropriate teams.
- Support the wider Metropolis/emap team by researching solutions, providing test support and feedback on proposed changes.
- Stakeholder management of both internal teams and external vendors
- Act as the first line of communication between the business users and all technology teams, ensuring timely allocation and completion of cases.
- Monitor all incoming tickets/cases for agreed solutions
- Take ownership of tickets/cases that do not require development effort from other teams or vendors.
- Take ownership of tickets/cases that do require development, further investigation, and monitor to conclusion with the relevant team.
- Close those tickets via appropriate action within agreed SLA and approval process.
- Provide updates to the wider team during regular stand ups including summary of new cases and potential SLA breaches
- Work closely with the technology teams to prioritise incoming cases appropriately and to provide case feedback where relevant.
- training and support of staff in using applications
- analysis and diagnosis of application errors
- problem resolution in both the long and short term
- input in the design and development of existing and new applications
- road testing and implementation of new applications.
- Run a set of regular routines as agreed with Head of Application Services to include but not exhaustive to.
- Ensure all leavers have been deactivated in a timely fashion on all systems
- Ensure all users have appropriate access/permissions on all systems
- Monitor Data quality and completeness against agreed measures
- Security updates on business applications
- Regular maintenance and upgrades on business applications including full testing
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards
- Support larger development projects being undertaken as required
- Proactively develop own knowledge of business systems
Skills and experience:
- Experience in a media / publishing environment would be desirable
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge of WordPress or any similar type of CMS / website building tool
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Troubleshooting experience
- Basic knowledge of Service Desk solutions preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to relay technical information to non-technical users and elicit clients’ needs
- Customer service skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Analytical skills
- Experience working with standard business applications
- Ability to manage workload efficiently
- Relationship building with business users, technology teams and vendors
- Customer Service oriented
- Team working, collaboration and co-operation
- Commercial awareness and customer focus
- Attention to detail
- Patience and understanding
- The ability to work independently but also as a part of a team
- A proactive attitude
- Ability to work to deadlines and give realistic estimates
- Willingness to learn.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Continuous learning & Development opportunities
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and more
Equipment: Due to hybrid working laptops are provided.
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply:
Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.