- Job Title: Assistant Accountant
- Base Location: Ealing with travel to other London offices ( Croydon and Fleet street)
- Hybrid role ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £ Competitive + Benefits
- Visa sponsorship or remote working are not available
Overall Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of this role is to support the Group’s Central Accounting team and be responsible for:
Bank processing and reconciliations, Daily Cash Forecasting, Balance sheet reconciliation and audit reconciliation, assistance in preparation of VAT return, Credit Card / Amex accounting and control, month end journals.
- Bank reconciliations
- Daily Cash Forecasting
- Month end tasks and related journals
- Audit reconciliations
- Credit Card / Amex accounting and control
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of Budget and Forecasts
- Assist in preparation of VAT reports
- Completion of ONS returns
- Raising purchases orders for the finance central area
- Following up with team on outstanding queries raised
- Ad hoc project work as required
Skills and experience:
- Studying towards Accounting qualification
- Proactive hard working self-starter ready to go that extra mile
- Organised and efficient
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Written communication skills with the ability to present numbers in a logical, structured and clear way
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good team player & easy to get on with
Supporting the company values You will work in a tactful and confidential manner, always supporting a fair recruitment process. With a Business first approach problem solving, always maintaining a positive employer brand. Demonstrating a good understanding of the following standards:
Change: Able to adapt to change, multitask and reprioritise workload where necessary. Making effective and practical decisions or choices based on the specific situation.
Commercial mindset: has a good understanding of the business current priorities, and how you contribute and add value to the wider business within your role.
Resourcing: Understand the touch points of the candidate journey, where your work sits within it and the impact it has on others and vice versa
People: – Understanding and respecting diversity and inclusion. Building trust by role-modelling ethical behaviour, and applying principles and values consistently in decision-making
- Self-motivated, exceptionally organised and detail oriented
- Resilient, you will be adaptable with a positive can-do attitude
- A cross functional, collaboration team player
- Always demonstrates consistent professional communication.
- Able to build trust within their immediate and wider teams’, creating strong relationships.
- Takes ownership and accountability
Learning & Development
At emap, we believe that employee learning and development are the key drivers of our success. To ensure continuous growth and meet the ever-changing demands of the workplace, we provide an environment that fosters continuous development for our employees.
Our employees are encouraged to identify their areas of personal and professional development aligned with our strategic areas, including management development, health, safety & wellbeing, sales, events management, marketing strategy, editorial, and information technology. We have a structured framework designed to help equip our employees with the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to excel in their job roles, contributing to achieving our organizational objectives.
To support our employees’ career development, we have designed specialized programs, as well as other stand-alone role-specific and generic courses, under the emap academy.
This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group. Together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income protection and more
- Continuous learning & development opportunities
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- One paid volunteer day per year
- Summer and Winter parties
- Optional: work from home during August
- In-house Excellence Awards and other innovation projects
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.