emap is a progressive media, content, events, subscription, and networking business. We connect influential people and organisations to a high-value network of decision-makers, data, and ideas through our industry-leading business to business portfolio of brands.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Gather, analyse and document business requirements for technology-related projects presenting solutions and working with key stakeholders to ensure projects deliver intended business outcomes.
- Deliver detailed business and functional requirement specifications clearly identifying business objectives, deliveries and priorities
- Solicit requirements through a combination of one-on-one to group sessions, shadowing, reviewing existing documentation and any other means as appropriate
- Identify options for potential solutions, including assessment of technical and business suitability and work through possible solutions with Development / Product teams
- Proactively identify areas of improvements for existing systems and workflows
- Present findings and requirements for ratification to stakeholders and working groups and obtain sign-off for key artefacts
- Challenge business teams on their requirements and assumptions to ensure solutions are built optimally and meet business needs rather than simply matching existing processes
- Analyse trade-offs between usability and functional / performance needs
- Ensure that non-functional requirements are captured to an appropriate level of detail
- Act as the liaison between project teams, IT staff and support teams
- Work closely and in partnership with the Project Manager and Product Manager (where applicable) to ensure all parties are kept informed
- Provide input to test scenarios, scripts, creation of test data and plans as appropriate working with the developers and QA team
- Continually review and update requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution as the project progresses and provide ongoing input during the build and test phase of the project
- Introduce best practices for Business Analysis including the development of templates for capturing business requirements and other related artefacts.
Key Results Areas:
- Comprehensive business requirements documented, validated and signed off by all stakeholders
- Business requirements are thorough, well described and delivered to agreed deadlines
- Developed solutions meet business requirements, are appropriate in relation to the problem to be solved without being over-engineered
- Key artefacts are kept updated throughout the project
- Key stakeholders are kept informed throughout the process via regular reports and face-to-face meetings
Personal Specifications and Competencies:
- Substantial experience and a proven track record of Business Analysis involving complex IT and business change projects from conception to delivery
- Significant experience of working with methodologies and techniques including Agile, Use Cases, User Stories and User Journeys
- Proven experience producing detailed business process maps
- Evidence of success in prioritising work from multiple different stakeholders
- Customer-orientated mindset
- Ability to communicate and form working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to challenge in a non-threatening manner, and help build consensus to ensure buy-in and support with key stakeholders
IT, Administrative and Organisational Skills:
- Good level of technical knowledge including the development lifecycle
- ITIL qualifications or equivalent would be advantageous
- Ability to conduct thorough and detailed analysis for requirements from existing systems, previous drafts, interviews and task shadowing
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Very comfortable with MS Office tools
- Strong numerical ability and attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, and to demonstrate an effective and resourceful approach to addressing issues
- Resourceful and purposeful, with initiative, drive and a strong desire to deliver exceptional results
- A team player both internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain technical issues to those without a technical background
Learning & Development:
At emap, we believe that employee learning and development are the key drivers of our success. To ensure continuous growth and meet the ever-changing demands of the workplace, we provide an environment that fosters continuous development for our employees.
Our employees are encouraged to identify their areas of personal and professional development aligned with our strategic areas, including management development, health, safety & wellbeing, sales, events management, marketing strategy, editorial, and information technology. We have a structured framework designed to help equip our employees with the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to excel in their job roles, contributing to achieving our organizational objectives.
To support our employees’ career development, we have designed specialized programs, as well as other stand-alone role-specific and generic courses, under the emap academy.
This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group. Together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income protection and more
- Continuous learning & development opportunities
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- One paid volunteer day per year
- Summer and Winter parties
- Work from home during August
- In-house Excellence Awards and other innovation projects
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com .Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.