This is a starter sales role for an entrepreneurial graduate looking to get started on the career ladder within business media and events services.
Within an established sales team, you will gain experience and skills of
- Client Relations
- Business Development
- Lead Generation
- Prospect Nurture
- Opportunity Identification
- Sales Data Management
- Ongoing Account Management for Revenue Renewal.
As Business Development Executive, your primary objective is to generate revenue from clients in a variety of sectors including financial services, technology, healthcare and infrastructure.
Day to day tasks will include management of client-facing campaigns and ongoing client liaison:
- Appointment Setting
- Proposal Creation
- Email Marketing
- Event Attendance & Follow Up
- Market Research
- Maintain regular contact with your clients through email, face-to-face visits and telephone contact.
- Build excellent working relationships to increase client spend.
- Produce regular performance reports (calls, visits, actions, and outcomes) for the Sales Director.
- Implement a personal sales plan to maintain and optimise your territory pipeline.
- Monitor, report and deliver on revenue goals, and to exceed sales targets.
- Observe best practices of sales process and order management on the company CRM.
- Be team-oriented; partner with colleagues to ensure your client expectations are met.
- Be open and communicative; share in the success of others and support them to overcome challenges.
- Work to gain understanding of market trends to improve comprehension of your clients’ needs.
- Be motivated to learn new skills and to adopt more sophisticated selling styles.
- Monitor market and competitor developments to inform sales strategy.
Qualifications and Experience
- Good knowledge of marketing channels used in business.
- Ability to hit the ground running in new environments.
- Good analytical skills and an ability to follow process guidelines.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for sales.
- Knowledge of government administration or financial services is preferable, but not essential.
EMAP is a progressive content, subscription & networking business. We connect influential people and organisations to a high-value network of decision-makers, data and ideas through our industry-leading business to business portfolio of brands.
Our unrivalled relationships with experienced and highly skilled professionals in niche industries are of high value and interest to companies looking to influence and engage decision makers in those sectors. We deliver access to these highly sort after business professionals through award winning print and digital content, live events, intelligence services, learning tools and recruitment solutions.
This role requires a hybrid working pattern with 2 days currently office based.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Income Protection and more