We are hiring a Business Intelligence Analyst whose primary purpose is to serve as a data expert for the brand teams and other internal stake holders.
You will become familiar with all the data sets in the company’s data warehouse and will be able to use SQL to query them in order to answer business questions such as:
How many contacts do we have in our database who engaged with us in the past 3 months? Can we see a breakdown by business stream source?
Or: which articles were most read by our subscribers last week?
As an internal data expert, you will be expected to be in close communication with colleagues to understand their data needs, and you will support them by creating clear and engaging interactive dashboards.
In addition to creating dashboards, you will be proactive in understanding our data from a business perspective and will reach out to the brand teams with suggestions on how to use data to achieve their business objectives.
Reporting to the Head of Data and Analytics, you will be part of an entrepreneurial, fast paced team that is constantly looking for new ways to make a difference using data. If you are a BI professional who likes to learn new skills and explore new technologies, then you will fit right into the team.
- Develop and maintain interactive BI dashboards, often using SQL
- Ensure compliance is taken into consideration (such as GDPR) when applicable
- Run BI function reports for the business as required
- Be the main internal contact for data queries.
Qualifications and experience:
- Technical degree or equivalent experience
- Working with data warehouses (Google Big Query advantage)
- Familiarity with ETL tools and techniques
- Able to analyse complex data sets
- SQL proficiency
- BI tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc
- Advanced Excel user for data analysis
- Strong numerical and analytics skills
- Good communication skills
- Approachable, personable individual
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Detail oriented
- Entrepreneurial, self- motivated
- Keen to learn new skills
- Resourcefulness to addressing issues and a problem-solving mindset are essential
- Customer-orientated mindset
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Income Protection and more