- Business: emap
- Brand: Blue division
- Base Location: Croydon/Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £ Competitive + Bonus
Emap is a progressive media, content, events, subscription, and networking business. We connect influential people and organisations to a high-value network of decision-makers, data, and ideas through our industry-leading business to business portfolio of brands.
This role is based within Emap’s blue division and incorporates a series of famous media brands including Property Week, THE UK’s leading digital, print and event business to business news media brand for the Real Estate sector. In addition, we produce AV magazine, the leading professional brand for AV technology, and Electronics Weekly, the leading brand for everyone in the high-tech electronics industry.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- Customers value our content. The role is about satisfying customer requests for increasingly complex, multichannel bespoke campaigns that encompass events and content marketing.
- As this business is growing rapidly, we are looking to hire a Commercial Projects Manager to join us as a senior member of our commercial team.
- Reporting to the Commercial Director, this role will work closely with content editors, marketing, production and operations as well as the account sales leads to deliver client projects.
- The ideal candidate will be able to manage commercial content projects end-to-end, exceeding clients’ requirements while upholding emap’s high editorial and communication standards.
- The role offers exposure to and input on product strategy, supporting the pitching process, and leading on the project management and client management of a range of content campaigns, including advertorials, roundtables, small in-person events and digital reports, content hubs, and content series.
- Key areas of responsibility will also include managing client comms, internal production processes, logistics, and client feedback.
- The commercial projects role is important within Emap, so this is a fantastic opportunity to define the capability and functions of the role and make a huge impact within a large media and events business.
- The commercial project manager role is a new position within emap, so this is a fantastic opportunity to define the capability and functions of the role and make a huge impact with the clients of a large media and events business by improving customer satisfaction and outcomes.
- Project manage the delivery of bespoke content marketing and events
- Be the main point of contact for day-to-day relationships with clients.
- Ensure delivery deadlines are hit, campaigns are delivered within budget, and client’s expectations are exceeded.
- Work collaboratively across editorial, sales, marketing, and production teams to ensure excellence throughout the process.
- Create and manage project estimates and timelines updating them as appropriate.
- Lead new client on-boarding process
- Manage clients and internal stakeholders, ensuring that everyone is kept fully informed at all times.
Responsibilities and job role includes:
- Produce, deliver and project manage from conception to completion; particularly Property Week’s thought leadership events; (think tanks, round tables, spotlights, webinars, podcasts), research, white papers, digital campaigns and industry surveys, guides and supplements. Responsible for commissioning all aspects of print and digital bespoke projects.
- Work closely and liaise regularly with Editor and the wider editorial team; plus sales/event, marketing and logistics teams – helping to develop and grow engaging industry events; which include all Property Week’s CS (client solutions) projects.
- Create timelines for all projects and ensure deadlines are met by entire team and external commissioned contributors. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines. Be able to work with client at all stages and keep everyone updated regularly with progress reports.
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of all social media platforms. Be able to create social media analytical reporting and statistics – in order to share with clients and ensure maximum engagement and traction.
- Attend any client meetings with sales team where necessary and relevant to each project.
- Have experience or be able to forge good relationships with corporate clients, public and government offices, key industry speakers and PR/Communication agencies. Identify sponsorship and speaker opportunities.
- Assist in leading on editorially led industry campaigns, working directly with Property Week’s Editor. The role of Head of Projects would be instrumental in facilitating all contractual components of sponsored industry campaigns.
- Commission and oversee all aspects of digital and print production – design, copywriting, proofing, photography, digital platform providers etc.
- Be able to demonstrate a good range of experiential and event experience as well as make a significant contribution in both planning and delivery.
- Research venues and event sites and seek free venues for editorially led campaigns.
- Manage, research and deliver some aspects of Property Week’s conferences (bespoke and thought leadership events).
- A knowledge of the property industry (and all sectors within it) would be a major advantage for this role.
Skills and experience:
- Experience working directly with commercial B2B clients
- Experience in end-to-end project management of content marketing and events projects
- A firm understanding of a variety of media publishing and events formats
- Ability to be process-led but to adapt with flexibility as client needs and expectations change.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while under pressure.
- Positive mental attitude that inspires confidence
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of all social media platform
- Highly analytical and commercially minded
- Exceptional project planning, management and delivery
- A team player who is ready to roll up their sleeves when necessary
- Punctual, professional and well presented
- Excellent communication skills and time management
- A high level of emotional intelligence with a commitment to development and success
- Competent and confident with a range of digital delivery and analytics platforms
- Positive mental attitude that inspires confidence
- Highly organised
- Detail orientated
- High energy
- High personal integrity
- Great communicator
- Team player
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Income Protection and more
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.
N.B. The role profile identifies the key responsibilities and competencies required in the role. It is not an exhaustive list of tasks that need to be completed. The Company reserves the right to amend the role profile as the role develops with the business.