Daltonsbusiness is the UK’s largest Business for Sale Marketplace
Established for over 150 years Daltonsbusiness are the market leaders in UK Business and Franchise sales, attracting nearly 1.5 million monthly unique visitors and helping thousands of people to recognise their dreams of working for themselves. Its heritage and reputation is second to none in the market it serves.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced commercial manager to lead this acclaimed industry leader to help maintain their position as Number 1 in their market. You will join our media and exhibitions team in London and gain valuable experience networking and honing your sales & managemnet skills to ensure we continue to see growth in the revenues. A real go-getter you will have one direct sales report and be responsible for actively managing a series of established customers as a well as leading by example pursuing new clients and winning new business.
For the right candidate the role is potentially a springboard to a career throughout emap one of the UK’s fastest growing and progressive B2B publishers.
Key aims of the role will be to:
- Manage one sales executive and co manage the supporting team functions
- Manage the day to achievment of revenues and targets
- Pro-actively source new business leads
- Follow up on new enquiries
- Support colleagues in the sales team on an ongoing basis
- Grow a portfolio of clients
- Represent the company alongside colleagues at trade exhibitions
- Contribute to sales strategy & marketing
Work with the current Commercial Director to develop and implement an operational sales strategy in line with the overall brand strategy for the group.
Work with the CD and be a figurehead of EMAP Daltons brand within the marketplace.
Identify new revenue streams to generate sustainable growth, year on year.
Deliver/exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual budgeted revenues,
Maintain and grow share of advertising/sponsorship revenues.
Measure, maintain and grow market share
Maintain and grow yields through a value-based selling strategy.
Together with the CD and finance team, prepare budgets and forecasts.
Demonstrate excellent face-to-face and presentation skills.
Demonstrate exceptional time management skills-
Strategy and Sales Development
Develop and implement the operational sales plan the product you are responsible for, on and offline in line with the brand strategy as directed by CD
Ensure effective communication of the sales strategy to your team.
Forecast accurately on a rolling basis, current/next month and annualised revenue
Market & Product Knowledge
Ensure a thorough working knowledge of the product sectors for which you are responsible, their brand extensions and the markets in which they operate.
Ensure full awareness of all competitor activity across print, online and events, including circulation, target audience and sales stories.
Develop and maintain relationships with the brands key accounts based on an understanding of their business and market dynamics.
Understand the customer’s business environment and their needs.
Work with your Peer Group i.e., sales managers to develop and implement sales best practices across the wider business.
Deliver/exceed against brand monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets (revenue/share/yield)
Demonstrate clear sales leadership by assisting your direct reports to deliver best practices and revenues.
Focus on retention and growth, both revenue and customers.
Define and agree sales area KPI’s; define sales patch, segment opportunity; focus effort and manage, measure market shares and pipelines.
- Attract, retain, and develop high achievers.
- Manage, Coach, and develop direct reports in accordance with HR guidelines. Ensuring that they are in the best position to deliver to EMAP’s KPI standards.
- To conduct regular appraisals with your direct reports, identifying stretching and developing objectives as appropriate.
- Organise and execute team training.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings with your team.
- Proactively encourage collaboration to achieve team goals.
- Develop an open, honest, and supportive team environment.
- This role is primarily office-based, but we would like to see more face-to-face interaction with our clients, with occasional attendance at events and exhibitions as required.
- Selling and developing relationships over the phone & faceto face
- Manage a portfolio of established clients
- Work with CD to report and manage weekly revenues against budgets
- Canvassing potential new advertisers.
- Sourcing sales leads from competitor magazines, online, show exhibitors and lapsed advertisers;
- reporting sales figures on a daily basis;
- working to personal and team targets;
- representing Daltonsbusiness.com at exhibitions and conferences, arranging meetings at shows with existing and potential accounts;
- writing proposals for potential clients;
- liaising with clients and internal designers to ensure artwork is delivered to the correct specification and by specified deadlines;
- liaising with internal marketing and events departments when appropriate regarding the promotion of events;
Personal Specifications and Competencies:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent preferred.
- A professional entrepreneur with a strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional negotiation and influencing skills.
- Experience of creating urgency and closing.
- Ability to demonstrate, significant experience in leading a high performing, multi-platform commercial team in a fast-paced environment.
- A proven track record of successfully developing individuals, through first rate coaching and leadership.
- Planning & Organisation.
- Commercial Awareness.
- Sales structure & process.
- Relationship Building.
- Communicating and Influencing.
- Ability to work with skill and at pace.
- Experience of coaching.
- Effective time management.
- Maintains high accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Professional and well-presented.
- Polite and highly articulate.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Maintains professionalism.
- Drive and determination.
- Competitive and results orientated.
- Problem solver.
- Appreciation of wider business strategies within EMAP and across the group.
- Self-motivated and competitive nature.
- Takes proactive approach to self – development.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Income Protection and more