- Business: emap
- Brand: Property Week, Decarbonisation Technology, AV Works
- Base Location: Croydon/Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: From £27,000 DOE + Bonus
A business-to-business media company with a focused portfolio of market-leading events and brands. Across the company, we create products our customers value to help drive their success, which in turn drives our own growth. Our product focus is around paid for subscriptions, conferences, awards, digital insight, and bespoke marketing solutions.
EMAP’s purpose is to drive professional progress for ambitious individuals and companies in commercial property and other market sectors
We unlock growth opportunities for our customers. Our unrivalled relationships with key decision makers give our customers essential access, insight and recognition. We deliver this professional advantage through award winning digital content, live events, intelligence services and learning tools.
Property Week has a long history in the commercial property sector and includes a printed magazine, digital insight and a variety of events over the year, notably the Property Awards and the RESi360. Over the last few years, the events portfolio has seen significant growth and is a critical revenue source for the brand. Looking to 2022 we want to launch new products particularly in the virtual world, revitalise existing events and maximise the growth of some of our established events.
Although our current event portfolio is predominantly in commercial property we are extending our event programme across a number of markets. The Decarbonisation Technology Summit Series is an exciting development in the event portfolio.
Working under the direction of the Head of Event Content, you will be responsible for producing industry leading, commercially viable repeat conferences and events. With support you will validate new topic ideas.
The role will also be responsible for the content-element of delivering the conferences onsite.
This is an exciting time for the department as we move into important new sectors and we are looking for a producer who is keen to make their mark, under the supportive management of an experienced and professional team.
Event creation (concept, format and agenda)
- Research with the profession and analyse the feasibility of repeat events
- Management of advisory boards
- Maximise existing events to ensure they meet the ‘need to know’ requirement to guarantee attendance
- Conduct detailed research by phone and in person with key industry figures to determine the validity of topics, key themes, format, speakers, competitor landscape, timing, price point and location.
- Develop session formats appropriate to demands of the delegate audience
Realisation and fulfilment of your project
- Project manage, with support from your manager, the production of industry leading events to deadline.
- Use your research to brief the wider team on essential information about the key industry issues, market and event
- Through your detailed research, write topical and commercially viable conference programmes.
- Invite and confirm high-level speakers that the industry wants to hear from.
- Work with marketing to create copy for emails, website and brochures that is in the tone and language of the market and which generates enquiries and bookings.
- Prior to each event hold briefing calls with the chairs, speakers and panellists to confirm details of their sessions
- Entrepreneurship, efficiency, brand focussed teamwork, and equal opportunity
- Microsoft Office suite.
- An aptitude and willingness to become proficient in next technology – this is a fast growing area within events
Skills & Competencies
- At least one year of experience in producing commercial conferences
- Proven research and analytical skills – critical in identifying and deciding the direction of a topic
- Proactive / self-starter – don’t wait to be asked! Must be a go getter who is going to seek out and grab opportunities with both hands
- Sharp copywriting
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to meet deadlines and balance many tasks and people at once.
- Good communication skills: able to develop and maintain strong personal relationships with team members and external stakeholders
- Structured and organised, but also flexible
- Clear understanding of the commercial business practices that underpin conferences
- Self-starter with initiative -a problem solver who seeks support when needed
- Inspires others to get things done.
- Intelligent, energetic
- Good communicator
- Results orientated with strong attention to detail
- Highly organised, calm and rational
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension Sceheme
- Income Protection and more
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.