Industry leading brands of Local Government Chronicle, Nursing Times, Construction News, New Civil Engineer, and Ground Engineering.
All brands have a long history in their sectors and are renowned for their journalistic integrity, high-level industry connections and the quality of their events.
All their sectors are areas we all interact with day-to-day and shape our lives and the places we work and live. They each strongly campaign through the magazines and events to improve their markets, not just as businesses but in areas such as diversity, mental health and approaches to climate change.
The brands also strive to highlight and celebrate the amazing work taking place in these sectors, why they are important to the country and wider population and how they are changing to become better places to work.
Our conferences and networking events form the core of these objectives and are an essential place for the community to network, share best practice and challenge them to do better.
Some of our exciting events include:
- Local Government Chronicle’s Chief Executive’s Summit
- Nursing Times Careers Live
- Local Government Chronicle’s Future Places
- Nursing Times Workforce Summit and Awards
- Construction News Summit
Our virtual and physical conferences form an essential place for the industry to network, share best practice and challenge them to do better. As a conference producer working under the direction of the Public Sector Events Director, you will perform an essential role within a fast-paced, stimulating, and dynamic environment.
You will be responsible for identifying and producing market leading, commercially viable conferences and events. The length and structure of these may vary through-out the year and will include both physical and virtual events.
- Research with the profession and analyse the feasibility of repeat events
- Maximise existing events to ensure they meet the ‘need to know’ requirement to guarantee attendance
- Establish growth areas for existing events or new events
- Develop session formats appropriate to demands of the delegate audience and in virtual and physical settings
- Project manage all aspects and ensure the production of high quality, industry leading commercially viable events to deadline
- Work closely with, influence and get buy-in from the relevant in-house editorial and sales teams to ensure the production of relevant content and to leverage existing contacts and relationships in the industry.
- Write comprehensive topic briefing documents which contain essential information about the key industry issues, market, and event to brief all internal stakeholders (sponsorship, delegate sales, marketing, logistics and editorial).
- Invite and confirm high-level speakers that the industry wants to hear from
- Work with the event marketer to create a robust, clearly defined marketing, data and content brief that enables you to produce a powerful marketing, content and data plan that delivers the agreed outcome.
- Sponsorship – develop value propositions and assist with proposal writing where required, identify key sponsors, and make initial contact from a research perspective, attend all sponsor meetings and work with sponsors on their involvement in the conference.
- Entrepreneurial – an innovator who has experience of new launches, new formats, new processes.
- Collaborative Team player
- Proactive and self-motivated, confident in seeking new opportunities
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines, while balancing multiple tasks
- Structured and organised while remaining agile
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Income Protection and more
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in emap. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We are committed to achieving a working environment that provides equality of opportunity and freedom from discrimination. We aim to become the most inclusive business in Publishing- both for our people and our customers, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we work with. We want people from all backgrounds to feel valued for their individuality and to thrive in our business and feel part of the Metropolis Group.
How to apply:
Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.