The role will involve creating and managing content for all platforms of the Cyclist brand, including social, web and print.
The Content Editor will oversee Cyclist’s social media accounts and will formulate a strategy to grow Cyclist’s audience across Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. You will work closely with the Website Editor to optimise online articles for SEO and affiliate revenue.
You will also work alongside the commercial team to devise, manage and execute commercial projects.
You will be an experienced journalist already, able to produce well-informed, well-written copy to deadline. Experience with video is an advantage, as are photography skills.
You will also be a keen cyclist with a high degree of knowledge about road/gravel bikes and accessories. A good understanding of the cycling pro scene is also essential.
- Work with other members of the Cyclist editorial team to create content for social, online and print.
- Oversee the Cyclist social media accounts and ensure that they are regularly updated with quality content.
- Formulate a strategy to grow social audience numbers and increase revenue.
- Adapt content to ensure best format to suit each platform, including SEO and affiliate optimisation of online articles.
- Work alongside the commercial team to develop and deliver commercial projects.
- Build relationships with PRs, distributors and marketing departments across the cycling industry.
- Maintain the highest editorial standards for all content created.
- Help develop the knowledge and skillsets of other editorial staff members.
- Represent the Cyclist brand at industry and reader events.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and more
Equipment: Due to hybrid working laptops are provided.
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.