Drapers aims to help those working in fashion retail make better business decisions through exclusive news, analysis, commentary, and in-depth research. Now in its 133rd year, it is the UK’s market leading B2B publication for the fashion industry, with unparalleled authority in the sector.
As a digital editor you will be an expert in SEO and have experience of overseeing editorial websites and social media, monitoring digital performance through analytics, and executing digital engagement strategies.
With excellent writing and editing skills you will have demonstrable cross functional experience of working collaboratively with colleagues within editorial, commercial, events and marketing teams.
Drapers offers a growing portfolio of virtual and face-to-face conferences, awards, and smaller bespoke networking events, and you will be required to help develop these and, at times, to chair them. As a senior member of the team, you will also be expected to act as a brand ambassador at external events.
- Overseeing the day-to-day management of the Drapers website and social media channels ensuring that content is optimsed for online and pushed out via newsletters and social media.
- Monitoring digital performance through analytics for the Drapers website and social media. Produce weekly and monthly stats, reporting and analysing the overall performance across all channels, as well as devising strategies to improve them.
- Leading specific digital projects including SEO, newsletter changes and subscriber engagement strategy, liaising with relevant external teams, including the web and marketing teams, to deliver results.
- Pitch content ideas that attract new audiences to Drapers and build engagement with our existing readers.
- When required, write engaging features, and edit news/ features copy robustly for accuracy and legality.
- Lead on any future video/ podcast development.
- When required, work with the conference and events team to put together agenda-setting programmes, suggesting speakers for events, chairing sessions at conferences, awards, webinars etc.
Skills and experience:
- NCTJ qualification, or equivalent journalism training or experience.
- Expert in SEO and Google Analytics.
- Experience of delivering newsletter strategies and driving engagement.
- Digital skills such as video and audio recording and editing are a bonus.
- Strategic planning.
- Exceptional written English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Collaborative and creative approach to working.
- Ability to work efficiently across different functions of the business.
- A curious nature with a strong attention to detail.
Please email your CV along with your cover letter and examples/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Income Protection and more
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in emap. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We are committed to achieving a working environment that provides equality of opportunity and freedom from discrimination. We aim to become the most inclusive business in Publishing- both for our people and our customers, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we work with. We want people from all backgrounds to feel valued for their individuality and to thrive in our business and feel part of the Metropolis Group.