- Business: emap
- Brands: Money Marketing, Mortgage Strategy, Headline money
- Base Location: Croydon/Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £23,000 DOE
A business-to-business media company with a focused portfolio of market-leading events and brands. Across the company we create products our customers value to help drive their success, which in turn drives our own growth. Our product focus is around paid-for subscriptions, conferences, awards, digital insight and bespoke marketing solutions.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
As an Event Co-ordinator you are part of a successful event operations team, running B2B conferences, exhibitions and award ceremonies. Your role is key to the successful execution of our events portfolio. You should have a love for event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
You will have operational responsibility from concept to delivery, using creativity and a keen eye for detail along with the ability to multi-task to deliver industry-leading events.
- Working alongside the Event Manager and team in the overall planning, execution and commercial viability of a variety of annual events on behalf of emap’s Financial B2B brands.
- Taking a leading role in organising some of the events in the team’s portfolio, including budget management.
- Researching suitable venues, hosts/speakers and entertainment for events.
- Working with the Event Manager and the brand to produce high-quality event collateral, including thorough checking of all copy, e.g. agendas, websites, booking forms, tickets, programmes etc.
- Liaising with the production/AV supplier in pre-production and assisting with all aspects of the staging requirements for the events.
- Fulfilling sponsorship deliverables with attention to detail to maximise return on investment.
- Providing outstanding customer service with all external and internal stakeholders, via written and verbal communication.
- Attending meetings with internal stakeholders and producing minutes for all meetings as necessary.
- Analysing year-on-year performance, leading or participating in event debrief discussions and identifying future trends, improvements and areas of growth to add value to events.
- Performing all the administrative tasks associated with events.
- Managing and maintaining data in a responsible way in accordance with GDPR and internal data-processing procedures.
- Building strong relationships with suppliers, including AV teams, venues, entertainers, etc, negotiating to ensure the best value is achieved and co-ordinating the production of all event signage with the appropriate logos/messages, etc.
- Assisting in selecting menus, room layouts and table plans.
- On-site event management – specific responsibilities are allocated by the Event Manager, to include: overseeing the production team, briefing and liaising with venue staff, co-ordination of sponsors, managing registration, ensuring table plans are correct and adhered to, etc.
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent – preferred but not essential
- Experience of organising events
- Proficient use of the latest version of Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to handle multiple deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in managing events websites – desirable
- Attention to detail
- A strategic thinker with excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment while meeting multiple deadlines
- Able to read and interpret data effectively
- Takes a creative approach to everyday challenges
- Ability to use initiative and be proactive
- Calm and professional under pressure
- Passion for events
Career & Personal Development:
We have a dedicated in-house Learning and Developing coordinator to guide you and support you with your career development.
Here at emap, we consider employee learning & development very fundamental to the continuous success of our businesses. As a result, we provide an environment where continuous development takes place, and employees are supported to meet the ever-changing demands and priorities of the workplace.
To achieve this goal, our employees are encouraged to identify respective areas of personal and professional development focused on six (6) strategic areas (Management & People: Health; Safety; Wellbeing, Sales, Events, Marketing, Editorial, Information Technology), and we have a framework to help equip employees with the right knowledge, skills and behaviors required to deliver in their job roles, which ultimately contributes value towards achieving set organizational objectives.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group. Together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Continuous learning & development opportunities for editors
- Optional- one paid volunteer day per year
- Private virtual GP access
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- Pension scheme
- Income protection and more
Equipment: Due to hybrid working, laptops are provided.
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role( 2 days in the office, 3 days from home). This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.