- Job Title: Event Coordinator
- Base Location: Fleet Street, London
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: Negotiable £24,000 – £26,000 + 20% Bonus
Trading as emap for its B2B division, Metropolis International is a fast-growing business, privately owned Media Group with over £50m of annual revenue, structured in two divisions – consumer media, and business-to-business media. In both parts of the business, we run print magazines, digital content and both face-to-face and virtual awards, conferences, and other events. Metropolis is actively looking at acquiring more media businesses. We employ over 480 people in offices in West London, Croydon, Fleet street, Devon and Dublin.
The Event Coordinator is primarily responsible for providing operational support to the events team on live, hybrid and virtual events including awards, conferences, festivals, and sponsor led events within the emap portfolio.
Their key aim is to support producing commercially successful events that create quality business environments for clients, whilst enhancing and strengthening the products and brands involved.
- Work with the event manager to ensure costs do not exceed the agreed budget/forecast by providing accurate budgetary and financial information at all stages of an event
- Carry out internal tasks such as raising purchase orders, setting up new suppliers, processing reimbursements, booking travel and accommodation etc.
- Award events: carry out administrative tasks such as inviting judges, announcing shortlists, chasing images and requirements, logging table bookings, sending out essential guides to attendees and being the first point of contact for queries and information
- Conferences and other events: carry out administrative tasks such as liaising with speakers, logging bookings, sending out confirmations, managing the registration process and badging and being the first point of contact for queries and information
- Responsible for the delegate customer care process, including booking confirmations, shortlist emails and providing key event information
- Overseeing incoming event enquiries, ensuring these are dealt with in a timely manner
- Work to event timelines ensuring all deadlines are met and to the highest quality
- Reporting performance YoY to accurately forecast event performance
- Regularly communicate with customers to ensure they are delivering exceptional customer service and contact throughout the events journey
- Establish and build strong relationships with key suppliers such as production companies and venues, using your negotiation skills to get the very best value and quality
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders to encourage integration, communication and smooth running of the project
- Communicate regularly and coherently all relevant information and key developments with the Event Manager
- Ensuring standards are kept exceptionally high across all areas of delivery whilst maintaining efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Provide operational support to the production of hybrid and virtual events
- Support the Event Manager in the fulfilment of sponsorship deliverables
- Fulfil onsite duties and checks to support the Event Manager
- Providing other event duties and support within the team as requested by your event or line manager
- Collate customer feedback and testimonials from event stakeholders pre, during and post event
- Assess sustainability credentials with suppliers and internally with emap’s own event processes, aim to reduce the event’s carbon footprint
- Communicate appropriate behaviour through event comms internally and externally
- Must be familiar with general computer use including Microsoft word, excel, powerpoint and outlook
- Experience of using virtual event platforms desirable but not essential
- Excellent planning & organisational skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- An excellent communicator
- An effective influencer
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Numerate & Analytical in their approach
- Strategic thinker
- Innovative and creative
- Customer focused
- Team player
- Organised, tenacious and committed
- Deadline driven and results orientated
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient, and accountable
- Punctual for all meetings – internal and external
- Positive and enthusiastic – encourages this in others
- Remains calm and professional under pressure
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to degree level
- 1 year + event experience or within Event Management degree placement
- Corporate events experience preferred
Learning & Development:
At emap, we believe that employee learning and development are the key drivers of our success. To ensure continuous growth and meet the ever-changing demands of the workplace, we provide an environment that fosters continuous development for our employees.
Our employees are encouraged to identify their areas of personal and professional development aligned with our strategic areas, including management development, health, safety & wellbeing, sales, events management, marketing strategy, editorial, and information technology. We have a structured framework designed to help equip our employees with the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to excel in their job roles, contributing to achieving our organizational objectives.
To support our employees’ career development, we have designed specialized programs, as well as other stand-alone role-specific and generic courses, under the emap academy.
This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Remote working or visa sponsorship are not available. emap does not offer visa sponsorship. Based on the UK employment law you need to have valid right to work in UK. Share code will be required during the interview process.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group. Together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income protection and more
- Continuous learning & development opportunities
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- One paid volunteer day per year
- Summer and Winter parties
- Work from home during August
- In-house Excellence Awards and other innovation projects
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.