- Business: emap
- Brands: Motor Trader, DFNI, Independent Retail News, Irish Medical Times
- Base Location: Croydon/Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £22,000 – £25,000 DOE + 10% Bonus
About the company and the brand:
A business-to-business media company with a focused portfolio of market-leading events and brands. Across the company, we create products our customers value to help drive their success, which in turn drives our own growth. Our product focus is around paid for subscriptions, conferences, awards, digital insight, and bespoke marketing solutions.
emap’s Amber division in East Croydon consists of 13 exciting B2B brands and 18 events annually including the UK and Irish Quality Food Awards, Frontier Awards and Environmental Packaging Summit to name just a few. The events portfolio is made up of conferences, awards, summits, and roundtables taking place in both the UK and Internationally, both in a physical and virtual capacity.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
The Event Coordinator will work in tandem with the Event Managers on some of the larger projects in the Amber Events portfolio. Their role will require them to act as an event support and take responsibility of areas including, but not limited to liaising with key stakeholders – speakers, judges, sponsors, attendees, partners, VIPs – being involved in periodic meetings, assisting with notetaking, chairing and agenda building. Managing databases, working with suppliers, reporting on entries/revenue and assisting in event project delivery.
- Event delivery – Taking full/partial responsibility of a series of events from conception to delivery – both physical, virtual or hybrid events, as required.
- Timeline delivery – working with the event lead to ensure all deadlines are communicated and achieved throughout the event project planning process to ensure key dates and targets are met.
- Meetings – creating agendas, taking notes and communicating action points. Chairing periodical event meetings in the absence of the event lead.
- Entries – Managing and assisting with full awards entry process, including personal email communications with shortlisted, highly commended, and winning entrants.
- Bookings and guest list management and liaison
- Judging days – Managing and assisting with judging days, collating requirements, access, attendance, dietary requirements. Ensuring all judges are set up and active on our judging portal.
- Judges and VIPs – Inviting and maintaining regular communication with judges and VIPs, communicating details, deadlines and event information.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Speaker management – Communication with speakers’ pre-event and management on-site, collating presentations, headshots and bios and coordinating AV requirements.
- Database management – Attendee lists, requirements, accessibility, judges, dietaries, speakers and sponsors
- Event documentation – Prepare all documentation for your allocated events such as judging packs, briefs, guides and trackers. Proof all collateral and copy on digital and print assets.
- Monitor and update budgets – Reporting weekly revenue and cost updates to Line Manager, recording weekly entries and shortlist conversion rates, ensuring costs do not exceed budget.
- Event production – Working with AV providers to create full-scale event production, collating content from shortlist, winners, and sponsors to create awards presentations etc.
- Sponsor and Exhibitor liaison – Regular communication with sponsors/exhibitors, ensuring all contracted deliverables are achieved.
- Managing suppliers and entertainment – Obtaining competitive quotes ordering event items and entertainment, such as trophies; photobooths, cabaret acts etc. Maintaining relationships with key suppliers and negotiating costs/opportunities for cost saving.
- Produce Risk Assessments and collate Health & Safety documentation from all third-party suppliers.
- Event branding– Working with the Marketing and Editorial teams to deliver on brand digital and print collateral including proofing and testing event websites
- Event delivery – attend in person/hybrid events and act as an operational second, ensuring the running order, suppliers, vendors and operations team deliver tasks in a timely manner
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant demonstrable experience of working in a similar events role, preferably in a B2B publishing environment.
- Excellent organisation skills with exceptional attention to detail and administrative skills
- An excellent communicator, confident in liaising with individuals from all professional backgrounds
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; especially excel
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining high standards and tight deadlines.
- Capability to multitask effectively and prioritise a high-volume workload across multiple projects.
- Can demonstrate sound judgement with the ability to interpret and analyze complex and
- sensitive information.
- A team player, but secure working independently and on own initiative.
- Proactive and confident – Not afraid to constructively challenge ideas, where appropriate.
- Confident at building strong working relationships both internally and externally.
- Willingness to travel abroad for events and judging days where necessary.
- Flexibility in working hours on the lead up to events based on needs of the business.
- Ability to use your own initiative, challenging decisions appropriately where necessary.
- The ability to work independently, as well as collaborative team player.
- Represent the brand and business as a positive ambassador, whilst onsite at events and in all external communications.
- A passion for events with a proactive approach to self-development.
- Ability to build and maintain, strong professional internal and external relationships.
- A positive, can-do attitude with a strong work ethic.
- Confident and enthusiastic events professional
- Organised and efficient
- Hard-working and results driven.
- Team player
- Detail oriented
- Adaptable and flexible to change
Career & Personal Development:
We have a dedicated in-house Learning and Developing coordinator to guide you and support you with your career development.
Here at emap, we consider employee learning & development very fundamental to the continuous success of our businesses. As a result, we provide an environment where continuous development takes place, and employees are supported to meet the ever-changing demands and priorities of the workplace.
To achieve this goal, our employees are encouraged to identify respective areas of personal and professional development focused on six (6) strategic areas (Management & People: Health; Safety; Wellbeing, Sales, Events, Marketing, Editorial, Information Technology), and we have a framework to help equip employees with the right knowledge, skills and behaviors required to deliver in their job roles, which ultimately contributes value towards achieving set organizational objectives.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Season travel ticket loan
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and more
Equipment: Due to hybrid working laptops are provided.
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.