- Business: emap
- Job Title: Event Director
- Brands: Property Week, AV Magazine, Electronics Weekly, PTQ/ Decarbonisation Technologies
- Base Location: Croydon/Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £ competitive + Bonus + Benefits
emap is the business-to-business publishing division of Metropolis International, one of the fastest growing media companies in the UK. This is an exciting role as the Event Director of one of our major divisions, leading our team and managing the events portfolio related to some of the most interesting brands in business media.
Overall, Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Managing Director of Emap’s Blue Division your role is to increase profits by producing, managing, and growing our events portfolio. You will be mostly concerned with content creation, but will have also have the event logistics, event marketing, and delegate sales teams reporting to you. Sponsorship sales are handled by the brand commercial teams, you should be comfortable inputting in to this, and working in a ‘matrix’ environment.
The role involves content and project management of a growing portfolio of events. Currently these are predominately conferences and awards, and in keeping with the pace of innovation in the events space, the Event Director will be a driving force behind diversifying into new events formats for an exceptional event experience. We deliver outstanding events for delegates and sponsors alike, at the same time delivering commercial success. The role of the Event Director is to bring together the team behind their vision and ensure full alignment between the quality of our events and commercial imperatives.
Brands you will be working with:
Property Week is the leading news magazine and digital news and intelligence service in the commercial and residential property market. Its audience of over 400,000 developers, agents, architects, lawyers, investors, occupiers, and suppliers such as proptech companies rely on its high-quality news, analysis, and insight every day. Property Week is one of the great business media brands in the UK, and its magazine, website and events are shortlisted regularly at the major industry awards.
AV magazine is the brand of choice for everyone involved in professional AV market. Its award scheme is the industry event of the year, with professionals’ from all over the world travelling to it.
Over 150,000 design engineers worldwide look for the latest product and trend news in Electronics Weekly, one of the most trusted brands in business media. Its lead generation events well known for their success.
Petroleum technology quarterly and its website Digital refining re a treasure trove of whitepapers and technology articles for the refining industry. Its recently launched sister brand Decarbonisation Technologies works with industry to show the way to sustainable fuels and energy. Events take place in India, Houston, and London.
- Management of P+L for all events
- Ownership of event research, validation, creative and production elements of both existing and new events
- Team management
- Strategic planning and vision for the future-understanding market trends, evaluating long term commercial potential, re-inforcing the brand values
- Part of wider blue division executive team managing across our business.
- Ideally you have worked in a’ media brand’ business, with multiple events. We would be interested in candidates from pure-play events businesses. Your journey to Event Director, could have come from any of the content, marketing, sales, or operations disciplines. You will have launched events yourself , and can demonstrate good experience of what it takes to make exceptional events happen
- Excellent communicator with exceptional negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to lead a high performing team in a fast-paced environment, while working closely with others in a matrix environment
- A proven track record of successfully developing individuals, through first rate coaching and leadership.
- A problem solver who moves with pace and purpose
- Planning & Organisation.
- Setting content strategy, vision, content direction, (including novel formats and features)
- Idea generation
- Relationship Building.
- Cost management
- Ability to work at pace.
- Experience of coaching.
- Maintains high accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Professional and well-presented.
- Polite and highly articulate.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Maintains professionalism.
- Strong Drive and determination to succeed
- Competitive and results orientated.
- Problem solver.
- Can appreciate wider business strategies within EMAP and across the group.
- Takes initiative
- Takes proactive approach to self – development.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Continuous learning & Development opportunities
- Volunteer day
- Private virtual GP access
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and more
Equipment: Due to hybrid working laptops are provided.
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV, covering letter with notice and salary expectations to email@example.com . Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.