As an Event Executive you are part of an enthusiastic and busy event operations team running conferences, exhibitions, bespoke business events, award ceremonies, and virtual/hybrid events throughout the year. Your role is key to the successful execution of our events portfolio.
You will have operational responsibility from concept to delivery, using creativity and a keen eye for detail to deliver industry-leading physical and virtual events.
Your aim is to produce commercially successful events that create quality business engagement for clients, enhancing and strengthening products and brands involved.
emap brands rely on high quality events, and close relationships with the industries they operate within. As an Event Executive your role is at the forefront of those relationships, both internally and externally. This is a collaborative role which is both fast-paced and challenging while also being social.
- Management of P&L/Budgets for individual events with a focus on value for money and maximising contribution to the wider business
- Providing outstanding customer service to all event stakeholders via written and verbal communication
- Working with the Event Manager and wider team to ensure projects remain on-track and schedules/timelines are updated regularly. Delivering high-quality virtual and hybrid events on-time and within budget
- Contributing to the development of our virtual and hybrid event strategy
- Performing all the administrative tasks associated with events
- Organising digital and print collateral for the event, working with design agencies where relevant
- Ensuring all event content is brand-aligned and meets guidelines
- Building strong relationships with suppliers including AV teams, venues, entertainers, etc negotiating to ensure the best value is achieved
- Proof-reading content throughout the event process
- Identifying areas for growth and future opportunities for the brands
- Analysing year on year performance and leading or participating in event debrief discussions, identifying future trends or improvements
- Leading internal communication on event targets and numbers, both in terms of delegates and financials
- Manage and maintain data in a responsible way in accordance with GDPR and internal data processing procedure
- Collate customer feedback identifying areas for improvement
- Building cross functional relationships with internal stakeholders to support the success of the event and/or brand
- Fulfill sponsorship deliverables with attention to detail to maximise return on investment
- Responsibility for all on-site activity including the management of:
- Registration process including badging
- Attendee management
- Table planning for lunches/dinners/roundtable discussions/award ceremonies
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferred but not essential.
- Event experience, or participation in an event management work placement.
- Corporate / B2B events experience advantageous.
- Skills in developing virtual event offerings, including webinars, podcasts, whitepapers.
- Experience using finance systems or events websites desirable.
- Intermediate IT skills essential and should include knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Excellent communication skills both in written and verbal with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, and stakeholder management skills.
- Knowledge in one of the brand industries/target audiences is desirable (Nursing, Local Government, Construction, Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering)
- A Strategic thinker with excellent planning, and organisational skill.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Analytical with a good understanding of finance, profit and loss statements and budgets.
- Able to read and interpret data affectively.
- Takes a creative approach to every-day challenges.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to change and innovate processes.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Income Protection and more
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in emap. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We are committed to achieving a working environment that provides equality of opportunity and freedom from discrimination. We aim to become the most inclusive business in Publishing- both for our people and our customers, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we work with. We want people from all backgrounds to feel valued for their individuality and to thrive in our business and feel part of the Metropolis Group.
How to apply:
Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.