- Business: emap
- Brands: Fashion, architecture and building services
- Base Location: Fleet Street – Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 DOE + 20% bonus
The Event Manager is responsible for the strategic development, organisation and continual improvement of a range of events within the emap portfolio. The Event Manager’s key aim is to produce commercially successful events that create quality business environments for clients, whilst enhancing and strengthening the products and brands involved.
They will have operational responsibility in delivering industry-leading live, hybrid and virtual events including awards, conferences, festivals, and sponsor led events.
The aim is to produce commercially successful events that create quality business engagement for clients, enhancing and strengthening products and brands involved.
- Manage a portfolio of pre-defined leading industry awards, conferences, and bespoke marketing solutions events (physical & virtual) on time, below budget, and to the required standard – ensuring that brand values are met
- Management of P&L/Budgets for individual events with a focus on value for money and maximising contribution to the wider business
- Building cross functional relationships with internal stakeholders to support the success and strategic aims of the event and/or brand
- Building strong relationships with suppliers including AV teams, venues, entertainers, etc. negotiating to ensure the best value is achieved
- Manage customer relationships with critical and strategically important sponsors, speakers, and delegates, acting as a point of contact. Problem solving, decision making and escalating issues as they arise
- Ensuring that the overall experience is positive, exceeds expectations and Net Promoter Scores (NPS) are increased
- Collate customer feedback identifying areas for improvement
- Fulfill sponsorship deliverables with attention to detail to maximise return on investment
- Accurate and regular reporting upwards of revenues, profits and KPI’s vs target
- Analysing year on year performance and leading or participating in event debrief discussions, identifying future trends or improvements
- Identifying areas for event growth and future opportunities for the brands
- Contributing to the development of our virtual and hybrid event strategy
- Responsible for developing and articulating an event strategy, driving continual improvement, event growth and best practice across all events
- Manage and maintain data in a responsible way in accordance with GDPR and internal data processing procedure
- Ensuring all event content is proof read, brand-aligned and meets guidelines
- Take an active role in coaching and mentoring junior team members to ensure that the overall team are working to emap standards, values, and processes
- Responsible for ownership, accountability, and reporting for all logistical elements of the allocated events
Qualifications and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years event experience
- Corporate / B2B events experience essential – conference and awards preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of managing costs within a budget
- Experience of successful delivery and management of multiple events
- Experienced in sponsor liaison and stakeholder management
Skills and competencies:
- Integrity, leadership and not afraid of responsibility and accountability
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Innovative, creative and advanced project management skills
- Advanced negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Customer focused and seeks and utilises customer insight
- Team player and excels at stakeholder management
- Advanced planning and strong organisational skills
- High attention to detail with exceptional analytical skills and reporting
- Work well under pressure and be an advocate for change
- Must be familiar with general computer use including Microsoft word, excel, powerpoint and outlook
- Experience of using virtual event platforms desirable but not essential
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient and accountable
- Personal credibility and gravitas to command respect from the team and both internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic and forward thinking whilst deadline driven and results focused
- Flexible and embraces change whilst remaining enthusiastic and positive
- Creative, resourceful and proactive
- Multi-tasker but remains calm and professional under pressure
Learning & Development:
At emap, we believe that employee learning and development are the key drivers of our success. To ensure continuous growth and meet the ever-changing demands of the workplace, we provide an environment that fosters continuous development for our employees.
Our employees are encouraged to identify their areas of personal and professional development aligned with our strategic areas, including management development, health, safety & wellbeing, sales, events management, marketing strategy, editorial, and information technology. We have a structured framework designed to help equip our employees with the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to excel in their job roles, contributing to achieving our organizational objectives.
To support our employees’ career development, we have designed specialized programs, as well as other stand-alone role-specific and generic courses, under the emap academy.
This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group. Together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income protection and more
- Continuous learning & development opportunities
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- One paid volunteer day per year
- Summer and Winter parties
- Work from home during August
- In-house Excellence Awards and other innovation projects
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.