- Business: emap
- Brands: Property Week, AV Magazine, Electronics Weekly, PTQ/ Decarbonisation Technologies
- Base Location: Croydon/Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time 12 month Fixed Term Contract/ Maternity cover (there may be opportunity to further this role within emap after the contract ends) start date: 6th March 2023, end date: 1st March 2024
- Salary: from £32,000 DOE plus Bonus
emap is the business-to-business publishing division of Metropolis International, one of the fastest growing media companies in the UK.
Brands you will be working with:
Property Week is the leading news magazine and digital news and intelligence service in the commercial and residential property market. Its audience of over 400,000 developers, agents, architects, lawyers, investors, occupiers, and suppliers such as proptech companies rely on its high-quality news, analysis, and insight every day. Property Week is one of the great business media brands in the UK, and its magazine, website and events shortlisted constantly at the major industry awards.
The brand of choice for everyone involved in professional AV market. Its award scheme is the industry event of the year, with professionals’ form all over the world travelling to it.
Over 150,000 design engineers worldwide look for the latest product and trend news in Electronics Weekly, its lead generation events well known for their success.
Petroleum technology quarterly and its website Digital refining re a treasure trove of whitepapers and technology articles for the refining industry, its recently launched sister brand Decarbonisation Technologies works with industry to show the way to sustainable fuels and energy. Events take place in India, Houston, and London
Overall Purpose of the Role:
As one of two event managers working within a diverse team of event specialists, you will be part of a successful and talented events team. Our Event Managers are the project leads for events and the role is to manage a portfolio of awards and conferences across multiple brands, ensuring all disciplines and extended teams work collaboratively to seamlessly deliver these annual events.
With a busy Spring, the successful candidate will need to hit the ground running and be confident in picking up projects midway through.
This role is initially a 12 month maternity leave contract, however there may be opportunity to further this role within emap after the contract ends.
- Manage a portfolio of events and be the project lead for the wider team (including editorial, marketing, sales, operations and content production) to ensure smooth event delivery across all disciplines.
- Manage multidisciplinary project team meetings. To include scheduling meetings, writing and sharing agendas, running meetings and writing and sharing minutes.
- Ensure all event costs fall within budget, are reviewed regularly and kept up to date throughout the event cycle.
- Assist the team to generate entries for awards or delegates for conferences by close and regular liaison with key industry representatives.
- Attend all face-to-face meetings, conferences and awards as required, for both your own portfolio of events and also to assist the team with their events.
- Manage all external stakeholder communications for your events, including sponsors, speakers, judges and attendees, ensuring high levels of customer service are delivered at all times..
- Work closely with the marketing team to oversee the creation of event websites and updates on an on-going basis, as necessary, and to proof all digital and printed promotional materials
- Set up and manage event-related databases, such as speaker, sponsor, judges, finalist databases.
- Create and manage seating plans for awards (c.400-1200 people).
- Work with the Events Executive to arrange all judging days and shortlist parties for awards.
- To assist the team in sourcing, liaising with and booking suitable venues, as well as full venue and hotel liaison throughout the event cycle.
- Issue sponsor contracts and packs where required, be the main point of contact for sponsors throughout the event cycle.
- Liaise with production companies to manage the creative elements for each event, including stage set, onscreen graphics, stings and design concepts.
- Negotiate with external entertainment agencies in relation to presenters and awards hosts.
- Book and brief all event suppliers including photographers, videographers, toastmaster and entertainment as required.
- Any other ad hoc activities deemed necessary by the Head of Event Operations and/or Event Development Director.
- Escalation of issues to senior management as necessary and appropriate.
- To ensure that the Company processes and policies in relation to revenue generation and representation in the Company accounts is accurate and appropriate in all circumstances, referring matters to the Finance Director, Financial Controller, Commercial Finance Manager and relevant CEO, Direct Report whenever necessary.
- Adherence to all relevant HMRC and all other regulatory accounting principles.
- To adhere to Company policies including the Anti-Bribery and Corruption policy.
Skills and experience:
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to negotiate for time and resources at all levels, across multiple disciplines and task forces.
- Evidence of success in building and managing relationships with high level stakeholders.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain management information clearly, to a variety of audiences.
- Strong budgeting and forecasting skills
- Organisational awareness with the ability to operate with confidence and credibility across all functions of the Company.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- The ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and to manage multiple projects, simultaneously.
- Demonstrate an effective and resourceful approach to addressing issues and problem solving.
- A strong understanding of business and organisational risk and the ability to analyse situations and apply judgement on decisions.
- Awareness of the Company’s reputation, finance and/or legal position.
- Represent the brand and business as a positive ambassador whilst onsite at events and in all external communications.
- Knowledge of online event platforms such as Swapcard and event websites such as Evessio is also an advantage.
- A passion for events with a proactive approach to self-development.
- Resourceful and purposeful, with initiative, drive and a strong desire to deliver exceptional results.
- The ability to work independently to deliver high quality events, as well as a collaborative team player able to bring different teams together.
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional internal and external relationships.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Continuous learning & Development opportunities
- Volunteer day
- Private virtual GP access
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and more
Equipment: Due to hybrid working laptops are provided.
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV, events portfolio, or cover letter with notice and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.