As an Event Sales Consultant you are responsible for driving award entries table, and delegate sales revenues across industry leading brands and events. Your key goal is to grow our business sales through world class, award winning events. You will also be expected to exemplify team. standards and behaviours. Driven, with a true desire to succeed in a sales environment. You will be tenacious, resilient, with a true desire to succeed.
- Maintain regular telephone contact with your accounts and build excellent working relationships, driving YOY growth.
- Ensure YOY growth of portfolio through the acquisition of new business, including sourcing your own business leads.
- Lead trading updates with your line manager and key stakeholders weekly and always have 100% accuracy event numbers and pipelines.
- Maintain a robust and ambitious sales plan and ensure maximum delivery against sales targets for entire portfolio.
- To raise and maintain brand profile and become the recognised face of your portfolio, internally and externally
- Closely monitor competitor activity and understand the market forces influencing your sector.
- Be an example to the team and set the standard with regards to KPI’s, target performance and behaviours.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven and successful track record of a consultative new business approach
- Event sales experience advantageous
- Education to degree level or equivalent desirable
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Experienced using CRM.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Collaborative team player.
- Time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service standards both internal and external.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial and curious
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Proactive approach to personal development
- Representing the brand, you will be an ambassador.
- High integrity with a strong work ethic.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Continuous learning & Development opportunities
- Volunteer day
- Private virtual GP access
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and more
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.