- Business: emap
- Base Location: Shoreditch
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: DOE
To head up our Event Marketing function, managing a team of 5, with responsibility for developing the events marketing strategy and delivering effective marketing campaigns to drive financial targets, within budget and to a high standard.
The Event Marketing Manager will champion marketing excellence to produce exceptional marketing outputs that deliver strong and sustainable results across our large portfolio of conferences, awards, and bespoke events. They will be a confident, experienced team leader who leads proactively from the front, able to communicate, problem solve and influence at a senior level. They will possess a drive to grow the turnover and profitability of the business whilst creating an engaging and rewarding environment for the team.
This high-profile role in emap is unique as well as diverse and will work closely with the Marketing Director, Group Event Director, Commercial Directors, and Managing Director across our hugely successful and well-regarded brands, including Nursing Times, Local Government Chronicle, Construction News, New Civil Engineer and Ground Engineering, to identify revenue and growth opportunities.
- Drives the strategic marketing planning process to support the overall event strategy by event, by portfolio and overall division
- Works with the Group Event Director to develop pricing strategies to maximise revenue
- Creates clear KPI’s to drive activity, growth, and revenue performances of all events
- Sets and overseas the strategies employed to meet and exceed growth targets for awards entries, paid delegates and table sales plus campaigns that drive sponsorship leads
- Supports the profitable expansion of the portfolio of events into new areas and formats
- Inspires and develops a talented team of marketers
- Recruits, leads and empowers a high-performing team, setting clear goals, objectives and development plan
- Allocates resource to ensure the successful delivery of all events including awards, conferences, and bespoke activities
- Contribute to overall knowledge and expertise within the team to ensure growth targets are met and drive operational excellence
- Manages the marketing budget for the entire portfolio of events
- Regularly reviews performance and produces accurate financial forecasts in relation to delegate, table and entry revenue and marketing spend
- Ensures world-class, brand enhancing, marketing communication programmes are developed that increase our event delegate number and revenue and enrich their relationship with us
- Ensures the team’s marketing activity and results are tracked and measured to allow dynamic investment based on analysis of current and past performance
- Monitors and evaluates marketing effectiveness against KPIs, including opens, clicks, CPR, CPA, ROI, MQLs and SQL conversions
- Overseas event branding ensuring it is in line with the parent brand
- Oversees and ensure a high level of written copy and marketing communications from the team
- Key contributor to the Cone Event Leadership Team, cultivating relationships with key stakeholders including sales leaders, content curators and operation heads
- Collaborates with the web development team to produce websites that effectively promote our event content, enhance the customer journey and drive registrations
- Works with central digital marketing and data functions to ensure shared systems are fully optimized, using all tools, techniques, and touch points to maximise sales effectiveness and create consistent campaign messages across all contact points
- Uses market intelligence and customer insight and analysis to increase understanding of our audiences and effectiveness of our campaigns
- Work within and keep up to date with all industry best practice and adhere to all legal and ethical guidelines as required by all emap (GDPR, competition law, ASA, Trading standards.)
- Liaises and procures marketing services securing partnerships that are cost effective and well managed
- Raises invoices and monitors supplier payment processes
Skills and experience:
- Exceptional communication skills: able to develop and maintain excellent personal relationships with team members, peers, senior management, and external stakeholders
- Experienced team leader with the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Proven track record in events marketing, campaign management and digital strategies
- Demonstrable experience of developing and managing strategic plans and budgets
- Knowledge and experience of marketing in-person and virtual events preferred
- Confidence with CRM and data systems, Social Media Marketing channels, Marketing Automation, PPC and the use of Google/Adobe Analytics
- Strong ability to direct data strategies
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ready to work with the team to test ideas, innovate and execute best practice processes
- Commercially astute and analytically minded
- Strategic thinker with a proven track record of success
- Strong financial aptitude
- Ability to influence at a senior level
- High attention to detail, and able to spot trends and glean insights from raw data
- Target and results orientated
- Good understanding of online audiences’ behavior needs and changing trends
- A problem solver – curious in nature, able to review existing challenges and generate fresh solutions.
- A creative mind set – someone who can put forward innovative ideas and see them through.
- Ability to identify opportunities and transform ideas into practical reality.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Income Protection and more
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in emap. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We are committed to achieving a working environment that provides equality of opportunity and freedom from discrimination. We aim to become the most inclusive business in Publishing- both for our people and our customers, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we work with. We want people from all backgrounds to feel valued for their individuality and to thrive in our business and feel part of the Metropolis Group.