- Business: emap
- Brands: Property Week, AV Magazine (Audio Visual), Electronics Weekly
- Base Location: Croydon/Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: from £24,000 DOE + Bonus
Overall Purpose of the Role:
As one of two event executives you will be part of a successful and talented events team, supporting the Event Development Director and Event Managers in delivering a range of Metropolis Business Media annual awards and conferences across, industry respected and recognized brands such as Property Week, Electronics Weekly and AV Magazine brands.
- Speaker management – to include collating all speakers’ biogs, photos and presentations and communicating all event requirements to the speakers, including AV requirements.
- Sponsor management – manage the deliverables spreadsheet for each event and work with the sales teams and event managers to ensure event partners’ packages are delivered. Liaise with the sponsors throughout the event campaign and collate their logos, profiles, adverts etc.
- Delegate management – manage the Property Week Logistics inbox and answer all delegate enquiries. Send out communications to confirmed delegates as required by the event manager.
- Work across the wider team – editorial, marketing, sales – to ensure onsite event materials such as event guides are created and proofed by the relevant people.
- Work with suppliers such as AV Production teams, designers, Exhibition pods and venues, under the direction of the event managers, to help ensure the events are delivered as required.
- Work with marketing to maintain the speaker and agenda pages on the conference websites.
- Attend both online and in-person events as required and assist with the onsite event management as directed by the event managers, both during event set up and on the day of the event.
- Build and test all online awards nomination forms, working with the event manager to provide entries to the judges for shortlisting and working with the editorial teams to create shortlist write-ups.
- Attend all awards, both online and physical, in-person to assist the event manager with the onsite running of the events.
- Judging – work with the event manager to oversee the judging process for multiple awards, including all communications with the judges and coordinating and attending the judging day(s), either in-person or online as required.
- Create detailed table plans for both online and in-person awards.
- Support the event manager with the coordination of shortlist parties, including attending these events in-person to assist onsite and liaising with suppliers, venues, event partners and finalists as required pre-event.
- Entrant and finalists’ liaison – collate all finalists details, images, and logos, etc. and assist with all entry queries, booking enquiries and table guestlists.
- Support the event manager by working with external production companies, venues, designers, and other suppliers as required.
- Work closely with the sales teams and event manager to ensure the delivery of event partners’ (sponsors) packages.
- Work with the marketing teams to help deliver awards materials such as event guides, banners, branding and other onsite materials.
- Support the marketing team by maintaining the awards shortlists, winners list, and judges’ pages on the awards’ websites.
- Manage the online event platforms- including Swapcard, Evessio and Evessio Awards Room
- Work across multiple events concurrently and under the instruction of multiple event managers
- Manage relationships, both internally and externally
- Maintain all event databases, such as attendee lists, table plans, speaker lists and sponsors’ deliverables spreadsheets.
- Assist the event managers with event timelines and project groups.
- Support the event manager with pre-event health and safety documents, including Risk Assessments, Legitimate Interest Forms and Exhibitor Liability Forms.
- Assist with post-event tasks, including thank you emails, survey emails to delegates, sending winners’ logos and collating data and reports for both internal and external use.
Skills and experience:
- Sound knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience of working on awards and/or conferences in a B2B, customer facing role.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the full event cycle, from launch to post-event debriefs.
- Excellent administration skills, including mail merges.
- Demonstrate professional and clear communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience of liaising with senior stakeholders, both internal and external
- Knowledge of online event platforms such as Swapcard and event websites such as Evessio is also an advantage.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills,
- Ability to work under pressure effectively and to tight deadlines.
- The ability to manage multiple projects, simultaneously, whilst also maintaining a high level of detail throughout.
- Ability to use your own initiative, challenging decisions appropriately where necessary.
- The ability to work independently, as well as collaborative team player.
- Represent the brand and business as a positive ambassador, whilst onsite at events and in all external communications.
- A passion for events with a proactive approach to self-development.
- Ability to build and maintain, strong professional internal and external relationships.
- A positive, can-do attitude with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and more
Equipment: Due to hybrid working laptops are provided.
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.