- Business: emap
- Brand: Property Week
- Base Location: Croydon/Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £25,000 DOE + 30% Bonus + Benefits
emap is a progressive media, content, events, subscription, and networking business. We connect influential people and organisations to a high-value network of decision-makers, data, and ideas through our industry-leading business to business portfolio of brands.
We unlock growth opportunities for our customers. Our unrivalled relationships with key decision makers give our customers essential access, insight, and recognition. We deliver this professional advantage through award winning digital content, live events, intelligence services and learning tools.
Property Week has a long history in the commercial property sector and includes a printed magazine, digital insight and a variety of events over the year, notably the Property Awards and the RESi360. Over the last few years, the events portfolio has seen significant growth and is a critical revenue source for the brand. Looking to 2023 we want to launch new products such in the energy sector, revitalise existing events and maximise the growth of some of our established events.
Although our current event portfolio is predominantly in commercial property, we are extending our event programme across a number of markets. The Decarbonisation Technology Summit series is an exciting development in the event portfolio.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work on highly influential industry events, enhance their knowledge and progress their career in the events space. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining, developing, and growing relationships to generate conference and awards delegate sales, exceed targets and secure repeat business. You will generate revenue from a portfolio of different conferences and awards brands.
- To raise and maintain brand profile
- Identify and develop new business leads and develop new business accounts
- Ensure maximum delivery against sales targets across portfolio of events
- Retain and develop current accounts and strengthen relationships
- Monitoring, prioritizing, and reporting sales and opportunities to ensure that targets are being met and business opportunities are being exposed
- Quarterly and annual revenue targets to benefit from a lucrative commission scheme and other incentives (both team and individual)
- Attend events and meet clients
Skills and Experience:
- Sales orientated with a consultative style
- Ability to communicate at a senior executive level.
- Well-organised and able to deliver when under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to pay attention to detail and ensure all communications are of high quality
- Good IT skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Zoom
- Commitment to a high standard of customer service
- Previous commercial telephone experience is desirable
- Fluency in English is essential
- Quick to gain knowledge and understanding of new market sectors
- Ability to build, maintain and grow client relationships
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Target-driven, money-motivated individual with a positive can-do attitude
- Confident, articulate, and professional with an excellent telephone manner
- An active team player with a competitive edge
Learning & Development
At emap, we believe that employee learning and development are the key drivers of our success. To ensure continuous growth and meet the ever-changing demands of the workplace, we provide an environment that fosters continuous development for our employees.
Our employees are encouraged to identify their areas of personal and professional development aligned with our strategic areas, including management development, health, safety & wellbeing, sales, events management, marketing strategy, editorial, and information technology. We have a structured framework designed to help equip our employees with the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to excel in their job roles, contributing to achieving our organizational objectives.
To support our employees’ career development, we have designed specialized programs, as well as other stand-alone role-specific and generic courses, under the emap academy.
This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group. Together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income protection and more
- Continuous learning & development opportunities
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- One paid volunteer day per year
- Summer and Winter parties
- Work from home during August
- In-house Excellence Awards and other innovation projects
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com . Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.