As an Events Sales Consultant, you will be responsible for managing both existing customer accounts and developing new business relationships across the awards entries and table sales campaign for The Architectural Review and The Architect’s Journal. This will include managing retention accounts to ensure deepening customer engagement and re-engaging lapsed clients. You will also be required to secure a high volume of new business accounts to ensure sustainable growth of the event.
This will be the perfect role for a money-motivated and career-minded individual. If you are looking to progress into a market-leading events business, this could be the perfect job for you to develop your skills through our reputable sales academy and join a growing, fun, international and influential team in the heart of Shoreditch.
- To maintain regular telephone contact with your accounts and build excellent working relationships in order to drive YOY growth
- To lead trading updates with your line manager and key stakeholders weekly and always have 100% accuracy of event numbers and pipelines
- Attend physical events to meet with clients and strengthen relationships
- To maintain a robust and ambitious sales plan and ensure maximum delivery against sales targets for entire portfolio
- To ensure YOY growth of portfolio through the acquisition of new business, including sourcing your own new business leads
- To raise and maintain brand profile and become the recognised face of your portfolio, internally and externally
- To closely monitor competitor activity and understand the market forces influencing your sector
- To be an example to the team and set the standard with regards to KPI’s, target performance and behaviors
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven and successful track record of a consultative new business approach
- Minimum one year’s sales experience
- Events sales experience preferred but not essential
Skills & Competencies:
- You will be professional, entrepreneurial, organized, confident and articulate.
- As the face of your brand, you must be punctual
- Must have excellent communication and time management skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to build, maintain and grow client relationships
- Fluency in English is essential, additional languages is a plus
Ambitious / Driven / High Energy / Hungry to Learn & Develop / Curious / High Personal Integrity / Great Communicator / Trustworthy / Team Player
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Income Protection and more