- Business: emap
- Brand: Drapers
- Base Location: London, Shoreditch / Hybrid ( up to 3 days from home)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £35,000 – £37,000 DOE
EMAP is a progressive media, content, events, subscription, and networking business. We connect influential people and organisations to a high-value network of decision-makers, data, and ideas through our industry-leading business to business portfolio of brands.
Our unrivalled relationships with experienced and highly skilled professionals in niche industries are of high value and interest to companies looking to influence and engage decision makers in those sectors. We deliver access to these highly sought-after business professionals through award-winning print and digital content, live events, intelligence services and recruitment solutions.
Drapers aims to help those working in fashion retail make better business decisions through exclusive news, analysis, commentary, and in-depth research. Now in its 135th year, it is the UK’s market leading B2B publication for the fashion industry, with unparalleled authority in the sector.
As fashion editor you will have excellent knowledge of the fashion sector, as well as being an experienced features writer and editor. You will have experience of leading the production of special reports, buying guides and editorial shoots.
Drapers offers a growing portfolio of virtual and face-to-face conferences, awards, and smaller bespoke networking events, and you will be required to help develop these and, at times, to chair them. As a senior member of the team, you will also be expected to act as a brand ambassador at external events.
- Contribute daily ideas hooked on fashion retail industry news, contribute ideas to the monthly print issue considering a variety of topics that impact the industry
- Edit features for both print and online that are hooked on the latest industry news
- Source comments from leaders within the fashion retail industry
- Ensure the fashion features section covers a breadth of sectors and determine which subjects should be covered, in what depth
- Oversee the production of all fashion content, including fashion features, interviews, brand profiles and trend analysis
- Manage, style and lead the creative direction on all seasonal special editions and editorial photoshoots. This includes managing concepts, production, budget and execution
- Manage all catwalk coverage, including trend analysis
- Manage the seasonal trade show strategy and coverage
- Work closely with the art and production team to ensure all content is presented to the highest standard, coming up with new design and layout ideas across print and digital
Skills and experience:
- NCTJ qualification, or equivalent journalism training or experience
- Experience in overseeing editorial photoshoots in their entirety – from sample call-ins to art direction
- Experience in writing and editing long-form features, and interviewing senior subjects
- Strategic planning
- Exceptional written English and excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Collaborative and creative approach to working.
- Ability to work efficiently across different functions of the business.
- Ability to time manage and work towards deadlines.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Continuous learning & Development opportunities for Editors
- Quarterly In-house Editorial Excellence Awards
- Volunteer day
- Private virtual GP access
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and more
Equipment: Due to hybrid working laptops are provided.
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.