- Business: emap
- Brand: Property Week, AV Magazine, Electronics Weekly, Digital Refining and Decarbonisation Technology.
- Base Location: Croydon/Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £42,000 – £55,000 DOE + Bonus
A business-to-business media company with a focused portfolio of market-leading events and brands. Across the company, we create products our customer’s value in order to help drive their success, which in turn drives our own growth. Our product focus is around paid for subscriptions, conferences, awards, digital insight and bespoke marketing solutions.
emap’s purpose is to drive professional progress for ambitious individuals and companies in commercial property and other market sectors.
We unlock growth opportunities for our customers. Our unrivalled relationships with key decision makers give our customers essential access, insight and recognition. We deliver this professional advantage through award winning digital content, live events, intelligence services and learning tools.
Our key behaviours: Entrepreneurship, efficiency, brand-focussed teamwork, and equal opportunity
About the event portfolio:
The Head of Event Content role covers content emap’s fast growing Blue division. This division of the company includes the brands Property Week, AV, Electronics Weekly, Digital Refining and Decarbonisation Technology.
Property Week has a long history in the commercial property sector and includes a printed magazine, digital insight and a variety of events over the year, notably the Property Awards and RESi360. Over the last few years the events portfolio has seen significant growth and is a critical revenue source for the brand. Looking to 2023 we want to launch new products, revitalise existing events and maximise the growth of some of our established events.
Our current event portfolio is predominantly in commercial property. We are extending our event programme across a number of markets including Audio Visual and Electronics and now Decarbonisation Technology
Key Purpose of the role:
Working under the direction of the Event Development Director, you will be responsible for the production of a portfolio of industry-leading repeat conferences and events, and validating new topic ideas.
The Head of Event Content role will also be responsible for overseeing the delivery of all the events in the portfolio including those produced by freelancers. It is anticipated that there will be a future requirement to recruit, manage and develop junior conference producers.
Event creation (concept, format and agenda)
- Maximise existing events to ensure they meet the ‘need to know’ requirement to guarantee attendance
- Conduct detailed research by phone and in person with key industry figures to determine the validity of topics, key themes, format, speakers, competitor landscape, timing, price point and location.
- Through your detailed research, write topical and commercially viable conference programmes
- Establish growth areas for existing and new events
- Develop session formats appropriate to demands of the delegate audience
- Invite and confirm high-level speakers that the industry wants to hear from.
Realisation and fulfilment of your project
- Project manage all aspects of production to create high quality, industry leading commercially viable events to deadline.
- Work with the project team, inspiring colleagues, motivating them and holding them to account on key deadlines
- Work closely with, influence and get buy-in from the relevant in-house editorial and sales teams to ensure the production of relevant content and to leverage existing contacts and relationships in the industry.
- Write comprehensive topic briefing documents which contain essential information about the key industry issues, market and event to brief all internal stakeholders (SPEX, delegate sales, marketing, logistics and editorial).
- Work with the advisory board to gain their input into the programme and provide speaker suggestions
- Work with the event marketing team to create a robust, clearly defined marketing, data and content brief that enables the team to produce a powerful marketing, content and data plan that delivers the agreed outcome.
- Create promotionally-led marketing copy for emails, website and brochures that is in the tone and language of the market.
- Sponsorship – develop value propositions, attend relevant sponsor meetings and work with sponsors on their involvement in the conference
- Support the logistics team in speaker liaison
- Prior to each event hold briefing calls with the chairs, speakers and panellists to confirm details of their sessions
- Manage the conference programmes onsite
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent skills and established processes to conduct and report on research
- Excellent presentation skills
- Analytical and able to interpret data to shape ideas
- Sharp copywriting with excellent written English
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to meet deadlines and balance many tasks and people at once.
- Structured and organised, but also flexible
- Demonstration of strong topic generation and market development ability
- Clear understanding of the commercial business practices that underpin conferences
- Entrepreneurial – an innovator who has experience of new launches, new formats, new processes
- Proactive / self-starter – don’t wait to be asked! Must be a go getter who is going to seek out and grab opportunities with both hands
- Inspires others to get things done.
- Intelligent, energetic, ambitious and driven
- Good communication skills: able to develop and maintain strong personal relationships with team members and external stakeholders
- Results orientated with strong attention to detail
- Highly organised, calm and rational
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Continuous learning & Development opportunities
- Volunteer day
- Private virtual GP access
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and more
Equipment: Due to hybrid working laptops are provided.
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.