- Overall operational management and delivery for all events within the portfolio including Awards, Conferences and Bespoke events
- Ensuring that standards are kept exceptionally high across all areas of delivery, whilst maintaining efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Reviewing suppliers, processes and procedures; put processes in place to create a robust framework to deliver a world-class customer experience pre, during and post an event.
- Management, recruitment and development of the operations team and delivery processes, ensuring the team and processes are working effectively across all aspects of events and maintaining rigour and excellence.
- Creation and ownership of operations budgets and folders for all events in the portfolio, ensuring they are updated regularly and accurately.
- Lead, direct and manage the teams to deliver excellent logistics and customer service in line with emap and the individual events’ strategic objectives and deliver within budget.
- Build the end-to-end project delivery plans.
- Develop a strategy to enhance the end-to-end customer (delegate, sponsor, and award guests’) journey experience.
- Manage venue procurement process to obtain best value and service, securing suitable venue options for all events in the annual calendar
- Schedule resource as necessary to maximise effectiveness and output/meet operational deadlines.
- Track and report monthly forecast costs, flagging issues, and actively focusing on maintaining costs within budget.
- Ensure process in place to manage venue deposits and payments meet contractual payment terms.
- Producing a high quality, high value customer experience pre, during and post the events.
- Ensure services delivered by suppliers are all delivered to the highest standard to provide an excellent user experience.
- Recruit, develop and maintain quality staff – and drive high performance.
- Author and implement a working plan for customer service communications for each event ensuring deadlines are met and service first class.
- Ensure events are delivered on budget and to a superior level of quality.
- Supervise and lead the onsite plan and execution of events to a high standard.
- Drive a high-performance environment and measure world class service through SLAs and targeted objectives.
- Maintain and further develop strong supplier relationships.
- Audit and review regularly supplier relationships.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation across all events, e.g. Health & Safety/insurance.
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role within commercial events business or publishing / information business.
- 6+ years minimum experience in b2b event operations, with a minimum of 2 years people management.
- Experience of a delivering a variety of b2b event types including conferences, awards and exhibitions both physical and online
- IOSH/recognised Health & Safety Certification advantageous
- Clear demonstration of strategic thinking and planning
- Proficient in Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook, virtual platforms
- Budget management and ability to take appropriate steps to rectify imbalances.
- Ability to influence stakeholders to effectively deliver commercially successful results whilst balancing brand values.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Strong people skills and management experience in order to mentor junior staff.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- First class communicator with gravitas and influence able to gain credibility and trust at senior levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to contribute at a senior management level and willing and able to work flexible hours, as needed.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills.
- Thrives under pressure.
Proactive, multi-tasker, innovative, driven, curious, proactive, detailed, resilient, high standards, confident, self-sufficient, articulate, organised, polished, autonomous, calm, directive, diligent, good communication skills.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Income Protection and more
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.