- Business: emap
- Base Location: Shoreditch or Croydon /Hybrid ( 1 day from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Part time, Permanent, 22.5 hours per week
- Salary: £12,600 – £14,400 DOE
Overall, Purpose of the Role:
The job holder will support the Human Resources function in the daily administration of its activities. They will assist with employee recruitment, onboarding, maintenance of staff records and staff relations and assist in implementing HR’s processes and policies. The HR Assistant will also liaise with employees in assisting with HR related queries for effective communication and conflict resolution.
- Assisting Senior HR Advisors with the process of recruitment, including obtaining employment references, full background checks for specified new starters, assisting with job offers and employment contracts
- Supporting internal and external inquiries and requests related to the HR department
- Compiling and maintaining electronic employee records
- Assisting Senior HR Advisors with payroll and assisting with the documentation for new and existing employees
- Assisting with administration of employee compensation and benefits
- Supporting Senior HR Advisors with HR-related Induction and training workshops
- Entering employee data into HR computer system
- Assist Senior HR Advisors with coordinating logistics for new starter appointments
- Assist with HR events and meetings and assist in coordinating HR-employee communications
- Keep up to date with the latest HR best practices to improve workplace efficiency
- Assist with other tasks as directed by Senior HR Advisors and Group HR Manager
Skills and Experience:
- REQUIRED – Proven work experience as an HR Assistant/Coordinator or similar role
- REQUIRED – Proven experience assisting in a HR team or similar in a fast paced company setting
- REQUIRED – Familiarity with employment law and traditional and modern HR methods and tasks
- REQUIRED – MS Office proficiency
- REQUIRED – Strong organisational and planning skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- REQUIRED – Strong ability to work as part of a busy and professional HR team, i.e. team player
- REQUIRED – Strong written and verbal communication skills
- DESIRABLE – Knowledge of payroll practices
- DESIRABLE – Knowledge of computer applications and HR-specific software programs
- DESIRABLE – Formal qualifications in HR or related fields
- A good understanding of HR best practice and activities and their link to business requirements and needs
- Achieves and exceeds targets, and consistently delivers exceptional results.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Effectively communicates and builds positive relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Demonstrates a daily focus and has an enthusiasm for HR work
- Good planning, time management and organisational skills
- Has the ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Income Protection and more
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.
N.B. The role profile identifies the key responsibilities and competencies required in the role. It is not an exhaustive list of tasks that need to be completed. The Company reserves the right to amend the role profile as the role develops with the business.