- Business: emap
- Brands: Architect’s Journal, Architectural Review, MRW and H&V news
- Base Location: Fleet street /Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £ Competitive
Trading as emap for its B2B division, Metropolis International is a fast-growing business, privately owned Media Group with over £50m of annual revenue, structured in two divisions – consumer media, and business-to-business media. In both parts of the business, we run print magazines, digital content and both face-to-face and virtual awards, conferences, and other events. Metropolis is actively looking at acquiring more media businesses. We employ over 530 people in offices in West London, Croydon, Fleet street, Devon and Dublin.
This role covers the subscriptions marketing of leading brands within the portfolio, which currently includes Architect’s Journal, Architectural Review, MRW and H&V news. The first 3 titles are paid subscriptions, with HVN being a controlled circulation brand. As the senior marketing executive, you will be responsible for the growth in revenue across the paid for brands. For H&V news, you will be responsible for growing the controlled circulation.
The brand extensions include events and some bespoke ‘client solutions’, and you will work closely with the sponsorship team on the client solutions to provide marketing support. The mix includes webinars, reports, round tables, meetings, and some events and other deliverables depending upon the requirements of the contract.
This role covers the subscriptions marketing of leading brands within the portfolio, which currently includes Drapers, Retail Jeweller, MRW and H&V News . These titles are paid and controlled subscriptions and as the Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the growth in revenue across the brands. For the controlled circulation title, the growth comes from increasing subscriptions, engagement and sign up to the newsletters.
The brand extensions include events and bespoke ‘client solutions’, you will work closely with the sponsorship team on the client solutions to provide marketing support. The mix includes webinars, reports, round tables, meetings, and some events.
As the Marketing Manager across the brands, you will create award-winning marketing campaigns to drive exponential growth in subscriber numbers, secure greater market share and drive online engagement. Retention of our existing subscriber base is an important part of this role, and you will work closely with the sales team to ensure we maximise our renewal rates.
You will be responsible for the budgets of each of the brands, ensuring that the KPIs are reached.
You will need creative flair and exceptional analytical skills to be able to determine which channels will yield the best returns.
Titles in the portfolio can change depending on the needs of the business
- Drive subscriber acquisition, and engagement performance
- Measure and review performance within key ROI and KPI criteria to increase lead generation, conversion, and retention rates
- Create compelling, needs-based campaigns that articulate the value of our brands and the brand propositions, working within brand guidelines
- Use multi-channel media, including on and offline
- Ensure subscriptions are represented across all the relevant platforms: events – awards\conferences webpages\bespoke events
- Ensure promotional collateral is available at all key internal and external events
- Work with external agencies including PPC and design
- Use all relevant internal channels to cross-promote subscriptions and events
- Drive renewal rates across individual and corporate subscriptions
- work closely with the Key Account Manager on Corporate subscriptions to ensure the growth targets are supported
- Work within agreed customer metrics and KPI’s (opens, clicks, CPR, CPA etc.) to pro-actively manage the customer base
- Co-ordinate activity across multiple channels including email, web, print, events, and social media to ensure consistency of message
- Develop customer data builds, usage, and analytics to increase effective targeting, response/ conversion rates (an ability to interrogate date – segment, analyse)
- Use market intelligence and customer insight and analysis to increase understanding of our audiences and effectiveness of our campaigns
- Work with editorial, data, digital, insight, retention, and corporate teams to use all tools, techniques, and touch points to maximise sales effectiveness and create consistent campaign messages across all contact points
Skills and experience:
- A qualified marketing professional you will have a proven track record in direct marketing,
- Experience of working within a measured environment, ideally within publishing, where you will have gained experience in marketing paid subscription products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and use of excel/data packages, at an intermediate level
- Excellent understanding of database structure
- Understanding of web analytics (Webtrends, Google Analytics or equivalent packages useful)
- Campaign management and digital marketing experience in B2B subscriptions
- Excellent understanding and direct experience of acquisition and renewals of B2B publications for print and digital publications.
- Possess a good knowledge of online audience behaviors.
- Talent for spotting opportunities and transform ideas into practical reality.
- Ability to review existing challenges and generate fresh solutions.
• Collaborative team player.
• Ideas and target driven.
• Analytical with the ability to read and interpret data.
• Innovative and creative
• Extremely well organised with the ability to manage and prioritise a diverse workload effectively meeting tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to Build positive relationships cross functionally, and at all levels.
Learning & Development:
At emap, we believe that employee learning and development are the key drivers of our success. To ensure continuous growth and meet the ever-changing demands of the workplace, we provide an environment that fosters continuous development for our employees.
Our employees are encouraged to identify their areas of personal and professional development aligned with our strategic areas, including management development, health, safety & wellbeing, sales, events management, marketing strategy, editorial, and information technology. We have a structured framework designed to help equip our employees with the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to excel in their job roles, contributing to achieving our organizational objectives.
To support our employees’ career development, we have designed specialized programs, as well as other stand-alone role-specific and generic courses, under the emap academy.
This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group. Together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income protection and more
- Continuous learning & development opportunities
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- One paid volunteer day per year
- Summer and Winter parties
- Work from home during August
- In-house Excellence Awards and other innovation projects
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com .Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.