- Business: emap
- Brand: Motor Trader
- Base Location: Croydon/Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £27,000 DOE + 30% Bonus + Benefits
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Motor Trader is the market-leading title for the motor retailing industry and covers news, trends and developments across the broad range of players in the market, including retailers, brand owners, and suppliers.
As a Media sales Executive you will manage sales on our magazine, website, Supplier Network (directory) and special projects, and event sales platforms. Working for one of the UK’s fastest growing and progressive B2B publishers.
Key aims of the role will be to:
- Manage a busy Supplier Network and nurture new business.
- Sell advertising space into Motor Trader
- Sell advertising on www.motortrader.com
- Work on Motor Trader events and webinars
- Account Management of a strong existing client base
- Selling and developing relationships, by phone, email, virtually or in person
- Renewing business and expanding accounts with existing clients
- Canvassing potential new advertisers
- Sourcing sales leads from competitor magazines, online, show exhibitors and lapsed advertisers
- Reporting sales figures on a weekly basis
- Working to personal and team targets
- Selling into annual supplements including trade show guides and market reviews
- Representing Motor Trader at exhibitions and conferences, arranging meetings at shows with existing and potential accounts
- Writing proposals for potential clients
- Liaising with clients and internal designers to ensure artwork is delivered to the correct specification and by specified deadlines
- Liaising with internal marketing and events departments when appropriate regarding promotion of events
- 25 effective telephone calls per day
- Occasional travel to external meetings and trade shows
- Generate reports across multiple reporting systems
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of exceeding sales targets in a media sales environment
- A track record of building robust relationships with clients
- Highly organised with good time-management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good Microsoft office skills, including word, excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Entrepreneurial spirit, proactive when seeking new sales leads
- Confident, enthusiastic, and charismatic, with the natural ability to build rapport both on the phone and face to face.
- Possess a professional and collaborative attitude
- Articulate and polite telephone manner
Learning & Development
At emap, we believe that employee learning and development are the key drivers of our success. To ensure continuous growth and meet the ever-changing demands of the workplace, we provide an environment that fosters continuous development for our employees.
Our employees are encouraged to identify their areas of personal and professional development aligned with our strategic areas, including management development, health, safety & wellbeing, sales, events management, marketing strategy, editorial, and information technology. We have a structured framework designed to help equip our employees with the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to excel in their job roles, contributing to achieving our organizational objectives.
To support our employees’ career development, we have designed specialized programs, as well as other stand-alone role-specific and generic courses, under the emap academy.
This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group. Together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income protection and more
- Continuous learning & development opportunities
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- One paid volunteer day per year
- Summer and Winter parties
- Work from home during August
- In-house Excellence Awards and other innovation projects
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.