- Business: emap
- Brand: Daltonsbusiness
- Base Location: Shoreditch/Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £25,000
Daltonsbusiness is the UK’s largest Business for Sale Marketplace
Established for over 150 years Daltonsbusiness are the market leaders in UK Business and Franchise sales, attracting nearly 1.5 million monthly unique visitors and helping thousands of people to recognise their dreams of working for themselves. It’s heritage and reputation is second to none in the market it serves.
We have an exciting opportunity for a hard-working and keen salesperson to join this acclaimed industry leader to help maintain their position as Number 1 in their market. A real go-getter you will be responsible for actively pursuing new clients and winning new business. You will join our media and exhibitions team in Shoreditch London and gain valuable experience networking and honing your sales skills to ensure we continue to see growth in the revenues.
For the right candidate the role is potentially a springboard to a career in Account Management, working for
one of the UK’s fastest growing and progressive B2B publishers.
Key aims of the role will be to:
- Pro-actively source new business leads
- Follow up on new enquiries
- Support colleagues in the sales team on an ongoing basis
- Grow a portfolio of clients
- Represent the company alongside colleagues at trade exhibitions
- Contribute to sales strategy & marketing
This role is primarily telesales office-based with occasional attendance at events and exhibitions as required.
- Selling and developing relationships over the phone;
- Canvassing potential new advertisers;
- Sourcing sales leads from competitor magazines, online, show exhibitors and lapsed advertisers;
- reporting sales figures on a daily basis;
- working to personal and team targets;
- representing Daltonsbusiness.com at exhibitions and conferences, arranging meetings at shows with existing and potential accounts;
- writing proposals for potential clients;
- liaising with clients and internal designers to ensure artwork is delivered to the correct specification and by specified deadlines;
Personal Specifications and Competencies:
For this role, the ideal candidate should:
- have demonstrable experience of exceeding sales targets;
- have a track record of building robust relationships with clients;
- have a professional and collaborative attitude and excellent telephone presentation skills;
- be willing and able to attend occasional external meetings and trade shows;
- be confident, enthusiastic and charismatic on the phone;
- enjoy speaking to people and building strong working relationships with them;
- have strong written and oral communication skills;
- have excellent negotiation skills;
- be organized and have good time-management skills;
- have attention to detail and an ability to work under pressure.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Income Protection and more
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in emap. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We are committed to achieving a working environment that provides equality of opportunity and freedom from discrimination. We aim to become the most inclusive business in Publishing- both for our people and our customers, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we work with. We want people from all backgrounds to feel valued for their individuality and to thrive in our business and feel part of the Metropolis Group.