Daltonsbusiness.com is the UK’s largest and most popular businesses for sale portal. The Daltons brand is firmly established and respected as the UK’s number one media for connecting buyers and sellers of businesses and franchises. Each year Daltons Business helps 1000’s of business owners sell their business.
The UK is built on the small business sector and entrepreneurs driven to succeed. We help individuals realise their dreams of independence by owning their own business, others looking to expand their existing business with multiple outlets. We also help current business owners looking to sell, including those moving into retirement, or pursuing other business opportunities.
More than 25,000 businesses and 200 franchise opportunities are listed on Daltons Business. Almost 400,000 business buyers visit the website every week and we generate over 25,000 buyer enquiries to business and franchise sellers every month.
The business has gone through significant changes over the last six months (to March 2022) and is now looking for a Product Manager with exceptional marketing and product development skills to join the team for Maternity cover and help us continue the growth of the brand. If you are looking for a twelve month contract, have an inquisitive mind, strong product and marketing experience in any sector (digital / ecommerce preferred), and a passion to make a difference and help thousands of people each year then we would love to hear from you.
- Planning and executing impactful, engaging campaigns across all our marketing channels, within agreed timelines and deadlines.
- Working with the brand team and developers to plan and agree product and features developments that will help improve the user experience, increase user and client adoption and retention, increase revenue, and deliver overall business goals.
- Continuously monitoring data and insights, measuring success of campaigns, ensuing successful lead generation and brand awareness, and applying lessons and best practice to future plans accordingly.
- Ensuring maximum engagement from existing customers and executing client retention and upselling activities.
- Producing an ongoing range of product collateral for use across the full customer journey and sales cycle, monitoring success throughout. This includes brochures, case studies, digital assets, and web pages.
- Commissioning or creating engaging, informative, lead generating content in various mediums.
- Set up and manage PPC campaigns to both buyers and sellers, ensuring that maximum ROI is achieved.
- Run social campaigns throughout the year
- Working with the brand teams to coordinate relevant comms to customers; monitoring success of responses and building a community of customers.
- Planning and coordinating the brand presence at industry events, ensuring to maximise product visibility and ROI, and to achieve the desired positioning.
- Supervising the Customer Service Executive ensuring exceptional customer service is provided and recurring issues are logged and addressed.
- Working with the CSE to conduct ongoing customer and competitor research, informing our positioning, pricing and marketing tactics; obtaining insights about the customer’s product usage and buyer personas.
Key Results Areas:
- Continuing to attract and engage with buyers and sellers, helping Daltons to achieve revenue targets and lead generation targets.
- Ensuring an exceptional user experience on daltonsbusiness.com.
- Working with business agents and private sellers to maximise the business we have with them.
- Accurate reporting so that all teams with the business are clear on our performance.
Competencies and Personal Specifications:
- A positive and ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Excellent collaborative skills, stakeholder management skills, and ability to work with multiple teams and departments, acting as the key link between product, marketing, sales, and customer success.
- Outstanding time management and organisational skills, with the ability to juggle many tasks, prioritising, and meeting deadlines.
- Having a ‘growth mindset’ – evaluating strategies and continually applying lessons learned to future campaigns.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to create engaging copy and produce compelling sales material for both online and print media.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Personal Specifications and Competencies:
- You will have at least 5 years of product marketing experience, ideally digital B2B.
- Strong experience of working with other departments, particularly sales teams.
- Broad experience across digital and offline marketing channels.
- Proactive, driven and eager to learn in a fast growing role.
- Degree educated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain opportunities to buyers and sellers across multiple channels.
Ideally educated to university level but all applicants who can demonstrate their skills and passion will be considered.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Income Protection and more
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in emap. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We are committed to achieving a working environment that provides equality of opportunity and freedom from discrimination. We aim to become the most inclusive business in Publishing- both for our people and our customers, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we work with. We want people from all backgrounds to feel valued for their individuality and to thrive in our business and feel part of the Metropolis Group.
How to apply:
Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.