- Business: emap
- Base Location: Croydon
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £19,000
Overall Purpose of the Role:
The purpose the office Assistant role, is to provide reception and overall operation support assisting in the smooth running of the Croydon Office. Reporting into the office manager your role is crucial in supporting the maintenance of the office. You will also assist staff both office and remote based staff as well as performing ad hoc tasks for events as required by your line manager.
As front of house staff, you will be the first point of, face to face contact with anew starters and external visitors, as such you will be responsible for managing a daily record of visitors via the building visitor’s system arranging meetings rooms and refreshments where appropriate.
- Answering switchboard, assisting with phones being always maned.
- managing a daily record of visitors via the building visitor’s system,
- Directing guests through the office where necessary
- Scheduling and maintaining meeting rooms.
- Arranging refreshments and hospitality for guests and staff where necessary
- Providing admin support and arranging couriers
- Distributing post in/out.
- Maintenance and daily operation of the franking machine
- Maintain online diary.
- Cover for Office Manager in their absence.
- Keeping a log of office stationery and equipment ensuring rganistion and replenishment where necessary.
- Supporting the Events & Marketing Team, including mail outs and other ad hoc duties
- Assist Office Manager with admin work as and when events arise.
- Liaising with contractors and researching, Arranging, and attending meetings to gain cost effective competitive prices from suppliers for office contracts and maintenance.
- Daily maintenance of the kitchen and coffee machines replacing suppliers where necessary.
- Assisting with finance. Raising purchase orders
- Allocation and maintenance of the car park
- General office maintenance
Skills and experience:
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with the ability to create presentations at an advanced level.
- Administration experience
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to influence and negotiate for time and resources at all levels.
- Good knowledge of people and their departments.
- Evidence of success in prioritising and dealing with high level sensitive information and enquiries and taking appropriate action on a regular basis.
- Organisational awareness with the ability to operate with confidence and credibility across all functions of the Company.
- Resourceful and purposeful, with initiative, drive, and a strong desire to deliver exceptional results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative team player with excellent customer service, both internally and externally.
- Professional and polite telephone manner both internal and external.
- Good personal professional presentation
- Enthusiastic and a friendly approach to work
- Ability to build positive cross functional relationships.
- Problem solver able to wok on your own initiate while also taking direction.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Income Protection and more
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.
N.B. The role profile identifies the key responsibilities and competencies required in the role. It is not an exhaustive list of tasks that need to be completed. The Company reserves the right to amend the role profile as the role develops with the business.