- Business: emap
- Brand: Property Week
- Base Location: Croydon/Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £26,000
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- Property Week is the leading provider of news, insight and events for the UK commercial and residential property industry. Reporters work at the heart of an award-winning team, delivering regular updates for a highly engaged audience of paying subscribers, both in print and online.
- You will be a keen and curious journalist, ideally with some professional experience of news gathering for a demanding business audience.
- Experience of working to daily deadlines would be a bonus.
- Property is a busy industry and a backbone of the UK economy. It thrives on human interaction and as a reporter you will have the opportunity to cover major multi-million-pound deals and to break big stories ahead of the mainstream media.
- You will be an outgoing people person, able to cultivate contacts across the full spectrum of property professions and policy makers, including finance, project development, real estate sales, house building, construction, law, consulting, surveying, planning, think-tanks, local government and central government.
- Sourcing and writing high-quality news stories to strict daily deadlines.
- Researching and producing long-form features and interviews when required.
- Representing the brand at industry events.
- Cultivating good relationships with industry contacts.
- Developing and maintaining an understanding of the property industry and its concerns.
Skills and experience:
- NCTJ journalism qualification or equivalent
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Ability to multitask and work as part of a team
- Shorthand would be an asset
- Demonstrable B2B journalism skills – you must be able to present a portfolio of news articles written to a professional standard
- Creative and enthusiastic.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to pursue more than one story at a time
- Able to research and write news and features to deadlines.
- Capable of carrying out challenging interviews with senior business figures.
- Self-motivated and organised.
- Confident, effective communicator.
- Adaptable, with a positive approach to new challenges.
- Interested in current affairs and politics and motivated to produce quality journalism.
- Collaborative team player who can also work independently when required.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and more
Equipment: Due to hybrid working laptops are provided.
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.