Construction News is the leading provider of news, insight, and events for the UK construction industry. Reporters on our news team are at the heart of our award-winning coverage.
As Reporter you will write news coverage for one of the busiest and most interesting B2B sectors, writing insightful articles for both our website and print magazine. You will have the opportunity to create brilliant content as part of a tight-knit team.
Construction is a nationally important industry, and you will be expected to break big stories ahead of the mainstream media.
- Sourcing and writing high-quality news stories to strict deadlines.
- Researching and producing compelling and timely features and interviews when required.
- Representing the brand at events.
- Sustaining good relationships with industry contacts.
- Maintaining a detailed awareness of industry developments.
Skills and experience:
- NCTJ journalism qualification or equivalent required
- Educated to BA/BSc, higher level or equivalent.
- Ability to multitask and keep on top of print and online publishing schedules, in-house, external events, and related administrative tasks.
- Shorthand of 100 words per minute preferred.
- Creative and enthusiastic.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage complex workloads, to tight deadline.
- Ability to write and research agenda-setting news and features.
- Confident interviewer, capable of asking pertinent questions and suggesting good hooks for stories.
- Self-Motivated and organised.
- Confident effective communicator.
- Passionate about current affairs, digital journalism and about what makes a good news story.
- Collaborative team player, also able to work independently off own initiative.
- Adaptable with a positive approach to new challenges.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Continuous learning & Development opportunities for Editors
- Quarterly In-house Editorial Excellence Awards
- Optional- paid Volunteer day
- Private virtual GP access
- Seasonal flue jabs on site
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and more
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.