- Business: emap
- Brands: Platforum
- Base Location: Fleet Street
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £70,000 DOE
This role will support our expansion into the institutional investment distribution market and explore opportunities around ESG. It will encompass both research and commercial objectives. Previous experience and contacts will enable expansion of our consultancy capability and increase penetration in key markets (especially asset managers).
The role reports to the Head of Platforum, will involve considerable autonomy and is expected to make a substantial contribution to growing the company.
- Support and/or manage Platforum research streams including publication of individual reports.
- Leaning towards European fund distribution.
- Account management for allocated clients.
- Manage/support strategic consultancy and content marketing projects.
- Support consultancy in terms of winning and delivering projects.
- Support the development of ‘institutional’ business (likely to become a subscription but might originate as one-off reports or syndicated research) including winning new clients and cross-selling to existing subscribers.
- Represent Platforum through public profile: articles, client meetings, conference presentations, social media etc.
- Support business development to achieve revenue KPIs below.
- Other research and commercial responsibilities as required within a close-knit team.
Skills and experience:
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Market research, data analysis and project management skills with 8+ years of experience researching investment distribution.
- Ability to scope and pitch bespoke research projects with existing contact base of active clients including asset managers.
- Experience of European fund distribution, ESG and institutional investment distribution and ability to design and deliver commercial research offering.
- Business development skills – ability to identify and pitch to prospective clients and ultimately to expand our revenues in key areas including ‘institutional’ products and consultancy projects.
- Achieving Platforum quarterly revenue targets.
- Delivering established publication schedule on time.
- Maintaining contact with account management clients.
- Bringing an institutional product to market and establishing it commercially.
- Business development and delivery of bespoke research projects.
Learning & Development:
At emap, we believe that employee learning and development are the key drivers of our success. To ensure continuous growth and meet the ever-changing demands of the workplace, we provide an environment that fosters continuous development for our employees.
Our employees are encouraged to identify their areas of personal and professional development aligned with our strategic areas, including management development, health, safety & wellbeing, sales, events management, marketing strategy, editorial, and information technology. We have a structured framework designed to help equip our employees with the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to excel in their job roles, contributing to achieving our organizational objectives.
To support our employees’ career development, we have designed specialized programs, as well as other stand-alone role-specific and generic courses, under the emap academy.
This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group. Together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income protection and more
- Continuous learning & development opportunities
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- One paid volunteer day per year
- Summer and Winter parties
- Work from home during August
- In-house Excellence Awards and other innovation projects