- Business: emap
- Base Location: Fleet Street, London /Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Brands: All Fabs
- Employment Type: Full time
- Salary: £35,000 – £38,000 DOE
emap is looking for an enthusiastic individual with a minimum of 5 years events experience to join the fashion, architecture and building services operations team as a senior event manager.
- Manage and deliver a schedule of exceptional industry led awards, conferences and bespoke events on time, to budget and to a high standard,
- Ensure standards are kept exceptionally high across all areas of delivery whilst maintaining efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Oversee the schedule and delivery of the division’s events, delegating tasks and responsibilities to junior team members to ensure delivery on time, to high standards reflected in the brands values and strategy and to budget,
- P&L responsibility for all aspects of defined events, including monitoring all forecast revenues, costs and bad-debt,
- Ensure best practice and continuous development of event processes, practices and systems and disseminate throughout the team,
- Mentor junior team members – providing regular feedback, coaching and training and development opportunities,
- Organise and note take internal stakeholder planning, performance and debrief meetings to ensure high standards, innovation and creativity across all events,
- Diarise prelaunch and debrief meetings by disseminating key information for a successful launch and post event insights,
- Set, forecast and close event budgets to ensure costs do not exceed the agreed budget or make cost reductions to mitigate any revenue risks,
- Build strong relationships with external suppliers, providers and venues and negotiate to obtain best value services for the event and budget,
- Source venues for your portfolio through written briefs and providing internal stakeholders with options with full cost analysis and insight,
- Liaise with internal stakeholders external sponsor and partners by ensuring clear communication so all deliverables are met within an agreed timetable.
- Ensure all necessary legal requirements (inc health and safety, risk assessments) are completed accurately and on time,
- Ensure GDPR processes are maintained,
- Make sure all payments are processed and paid according to the event schedule,
- Assess sustainability credentials with suppliers and internally with emap’s own event processes, aim to reduce the event’s carbon footprint,
- Communicate appropriate behaviour through event comms internally and externally,
- Personally, manage flagship events across the portfolio.
Qualifications and experience:
- Proven experience of managing complex events and logistics whilst working in a fast-paced events environment,
- Experience in delivering physical and virtual event formats across various platforms,
- Experience of managing and delivering against complex relationships with sponsors/clients and internal stakeholders,
- Experience of managing event P&L from building initial budget cost-base, forecasting and closing budgets,
- Line management experience preferable,
- Experience of supplier and venue procurement,
- Knowledge of key UK conference and event venues.
Skills and competencies:
- Integrity, leadership and not afraid of responsibility and accountability,
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written,
- Innovative, creative and advanced project management skills,
- Advanced negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills,
- Customer focused and seeks and utilises customer insight,
- Team player and excels at stakeholder management,
- Advanced planning and strong organisational skills,
- High attention to detail with exceptional analytical skills and reporting,
- Work well under pressure and be an advocate for change.
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient and accountable,
- Personal credibility and gravitas to command respect from the team and both internal and external stakeholders,
- Strategic and forward thinking whilst deadline driven and results focused,
- Flexible and embraces change whilst remaining enthusiastic and positive,
- Creative, resourceful and proactive,
- Multi-tasker but remains calm and professional under pressure.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook,
- Experience of using virtual event
Measures of success:
- Client satisfaction – measured through feedback, NPS scores and re-booking,
- Internal stakeholder satisfaction,
- Financial targets met,
- Event schedule deadlines me
- Accuracy and timelines of information.
Learning & Development
At emap, we believe that employee learning and development are the key drivers of our success. To ensure continuous growth and meet the ever-changing demands of the workplace, we provide an environment that fosters continuous development for our employees.
Our employees are encouraged to identify their areas of personal and professional development aligned with our strategic areas, including management development, health, safety & wellbeing, sales, events management, marketing strategy, editorial, and information technology. We have a structured framework designed to help equip our employees with the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to excel in their job roles, contributing to achieving our organizational objectives.
To support our employees’ career development, we have designed specialized programs, as well as other stand-alone role-specific and generic courses, under the emap academy.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group. Together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income protection and more
- Continuous learning & development opportunities
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- One paid volunteer day per year
- Summer and Winter parties
- Work from home during August
- In-house Excellence Awards and other innovation projects
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.