EMAP is a progressive media, content, events, subscription, and networking business. We connect influential people and organisations to a high-value network of decision-makers, data, and ideas through our industry-leading business to business portfolio of brands.
Our unrivalled relationships with experienced and highly skilled professionals in niche industries are of high value and interest to companies looking to influence and engage decision makers in those sectors. We deliver access to these highly sought-after business professionals through award-winning print and digital content, live events, intelligence services and recruitment solutions.
Working on market leading awards and conferences the senior marketing executive is responsible for driving volume and revenue growth across a range of events. Some of these events are sponsorship driven, and the requirement is provide the marketing support for the client deliverables. Additionally, you will be creating lead generation for sponsorship sales through multi-media direct marketing campaigns.
This role is responsible for events covering our hugely successful and market-leading titles, including: across the Jewellery and Building Service industries. Titles include Retail Jeweller, Heating and Ventilation Awards, Material Recycling World and Energy Awards. There are several titles within this portfolio. You will be working to deliver events across a number of platforms. They include: face to face events, virtual events, hybrids, webinars and round tables. This is an exciting role and an ability to meet tight deadlines, across several brands, whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail is crucial.
- Deliver world-class, brand enhancing, marketing communication programmes that increase our event delegate numbers and revenues and enrich customer relationships with us.
- To plan and implement effective, targeted multi-media campaigns to generate awareness, interest, desire, and action in chosen segments.
- To ensure all marketing activity and results are tracked and measured to allow dynamic investment based on analysis of current and past performance.
- To proactively develop the database to support marketing strategies and
- long- term audience development
- Create compelling, needs based campaigns that always articulate the value of our brands and the brand propositions working within brand guidelines.
- Work within agreed customer metrics and KPI’s (opens, clicks, CPR, CPA etc.)
- Co-ordinate activity across multiple channels including email, web, print, events, and social media to ensure consistency of message.
- Develop customer data builds, usage, and analytics to increase effective targeting, response/ conversion rates.
- To measure and review performance within key ROI and KPI criteria to increase lead generation, conversion, and retention rates.
- To use market intelligence and customer insight and analysis to increase understanding of our audiences and effectiveness of our campaigns.
- Work with data and digital teams to use all tools, techniques, and touch points to maximise sales effectiveness and create consistent campaign messages across all contact points.
- Share all learnings and insights that drive performances.
- Work as a team to deliver to group as well as individual targets and in line with agreed priorities.
- Contribute to overall knowledge and expertise within the team to ensure growth targets are met and drive operational excellence.
- Work within and keep up to date with all industry best practice and adhere to all legal and ethical guidelines as required by all EMAP/ TRG employees (DP and privacy, competition law, ASA, Trading standards etc.)
Skills and experience:
- Proven track record in events marketing, campaign management and digital marketing
- Hold a degree or equivalent marketing diploma.
- Good understanding of online audiences’ behaviors needs and changing trends.
- Proven experience of developing and managing strategic plans and budgets.
- Experience updating websites and of SEO.
Proficient in the following:
- Microsoft Excel, word, PowerPoint, and outlook
- Adobe Analytics and social media channels for advertising
- ESPs and CRMs required
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills: able to develop and maintain excellent personal relationships with team members and external stakeholders.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and a proven ability to prioritise, juggle multiple projects and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to spot opportunities and transform ideas into practical reality and review existing challenges and generate fresh solutions.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – Ready to work as part of the team and test and innovate to drive results.
- A problem solver – curious in nature and able to independently offer solutions to problems.
- Numerate and analytical with a high attention to detail and able to spot trends and glean insights from raw data.
- High level of copy writing and proofreading.
- A creative and innovative mind set. Skilled in communicating new ideas.
- Target and results orientated with strong attention to detail
- Confident team player
- Practical, resourceful and results orientated.
- Creative thinker with drive and commitment
- Enthusiastic and ambitious about a career in B2B events marketing
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Continuous learning & Development opportunities
- Volunteer day
- Private virtual GP access
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and more
Equipment: Due to hybrid working laptops are provided.
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.