- Business: emap
- Brands: Drapers, Retail Jeweller, WAF, The Architectural Review, Architectural Journal, MRW
- Base Location: Fleet street /Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £ Competitive
emap events marketing offers an incredibly fast paced and dynamic environment. Working on market leading awards and conferences you will be responsible for driving volume and revenue growth as well as creating lead generation for sponsorship sales through multi-media direct marketing campaigns.
This role is responsible for a portfolio of events covering our hugely successful and market-leading titles.
We have recently expanded the portfolio and the platforms we deliver them on, to include face-to-face, virtual events, hybrids and other brand extension products. These include webinars, podcasts, round tables, clubs and other bespoke events.
This is a fast-paced role and an ability to meet tight deadlines across brands, and with excellent attention to detail, is crucial for this rewarding and exciting role.
The successful candidate will work in a supportive and friendly environment.
- Deliver world-class, brand enhancing, marketing communication campaigns that increase our event delegate numbers and revenue and enrich and develop client relationships.
- To plan and implement effective, targeted multi-media campaigns to generate awareness, interest, desire and action to the events in the portfolio
- To ensure all marketing activity and results are tracked and measured to allow dynamic investment based on analysis of current and past performance
- To manage and grow the database of contacts to support long-term audience engagement
- Create compelling, needs-based campaigns that articulate the value of our brands and the brand propositions at all times working within brand guidelines and with all key stakeholders
- Work within agreed customer metrics and KPI’s (opens, clicks, CPR, CPA etc.)
- Co-ordinate activity across multiple channels including email, web, print, events and social media to ensure consistency of message
- Develop customer data builds, usage and analytics to increase effective targeting, response/ conversion rates
- To measure and review performance within key ROI and KPI criteria to increase lead generation, conversion and retention rates
- To use market intelligence and customer insight and analysis to increase understanding of our audiences and effectiveness of our campaigns
- Work with data and digital teams to use all tools, techniques and touch points to maximise sales effectiveness and create consistent campaign messages across all contact points
- Share all learnings and insights that drive performances
- Work as a team to deliver to group as well as individual targets and in line with agreed priorities
- Contribute to overall knowledge and expertise within the team to ensure growth targets are met and drive operational excellence
- Work within and keep up to date with all industry best practice and adhere to all legal and ethical guidelines as required by all emap/ TRG employees (DP and privacy, competition law, ASA, Trading standards etc.)
Skills and experience:
- Proven track record in events marketing, campaign management and digital marketing
- Hold a degree or equivalent marketing diploma
- Good understanding of online audiences’ behaviour, needs and changing trends
- Able to work to challenging targets within tight timeframes, prioritising and setting clear measurable and achievable goals
- Proven experience of developing and managing strategic plans and budgets
- Ability to spot opportunities and transform ideas into practical reality and review existing challenges and generate fresh solutions
- Entrepreneurial spirit – Ready to work as part of the team and test and innovate to drive results
- Exceptional communication skills: able to develop and maintain excellent personal relationships with team members and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and a proven ability to prioritise, juggle multiple projects and to meet deadlines
- Excellent copy writing and proofreading skills
- A problem solver – curious in nature and able to independently offer solutions to problems
- Numerate and analytical with a high attention to detail and able to spot trends and glean insights from raw data.
- A creative mind set – someone who can put forward innovative ideas and see them through
- Target and results orientated with strong attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and ambitious about a career in B2B events marketing
- Good attention to detail
- Must be highly competent with general computer use including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience using ESPs and CRMs essential – including creating email campaigns and selecting data
- Experience updating websites and of SEO essential, basic HTML knowledge desirable
- Experience using Adobe Analytics/ Google Analytics
- Experience in using social media platform and scheduling platforms such as HooteSuite and SproutSocial
- Experience using Adwords and paid for social media campaigns desirable
- Experience of using creative design software such Photoshop/ Adobe/ Canva desirable
Learning & Development
At emap, we believe that employee learning and development are the key drivers of our success. To ensure continuous growth and meet the ever-changing demands of the workplace, we provide an environment that fosters continuous development for our employees.
Our employees are encouraged to identify their areas of personal and professional development aligned with our strategic areas, including management development, health, safety & wellbeing, sales, events management, marketing strategy, editorial, and information technology. We have a structured framework designed to help equip our employees with the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to excel in their job roles, contributing to achieving our organizational objectives.
To support our employees’ career development, we have designed specialized programs, as well as other stand-alone role-specific and generic courses, under the emap academy.
This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group. Together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income protection and more
- Continuous learning & development opportunities
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- One paid volunteer day per year
- Summer and Winter parties
- Work from home during August
- In-house Excellence Awards and other innovation projects
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.