- Business: Metropolis
- Brands: Cyclist
- Base Location: Fleet street /Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £25,000
The role will involve creating articles for Cyclist magazine and the cyclist.co.uk website. This will include news stories, interviews, comment pieces, long-form features, reviews and buyer’s guides.
Subjects will include all areas of road and gravel cycling, including travel, gear, pro sport, training and maintenance, brand insights and events.
All content will be adapted to suit the appropriate medium, whether online, print or social media. Web articles will be optimised for SEO and potential affiliate revenue.
The Staff Writer will be an integral part of the Cyclist editorial team and will work alongside other editorial members to determine strategy and generate ideas.
The Staff Writer may be required to work alongside the commercial team to devise and execute commercial projects.
The Staff Writer will report directly to the Editor and will be managed day-to-day by the Deputy Editor, Website Editor and Tech Editor as required.
- Maintain the highest editorial standards for all content created, with focus on accuracy, research and quality of writing.
- Meet deadlines as agreed with senior editorial staff.
- Help improve sales, traffic and engagement of content.
- Keep abreast of news and developments within the cycling industry.
- Adapt content to ensure best format to suit each platform, including regular updating of online articles.
- Work alongside the commercial team to develop and deliver commercial projects.
- Build relationships with PRs, distributors and marketing departments across the cycling industry.
- Represent the Cyclist brand at launches and industry events.
- Contribute to all areas of Cyclist, as required.
Learning & Development:
At emap, we believe that employee learning and development are the key drivers of our success. To ensure continuous growth and meet the ever-changing demands of the workplace, we provide an environment that fosters continuous development for our employees.
Our employees are encouraged to identify their areas of personal and professional development aligned with our strategic areas, including management development, health, safety & wellbeing, sales, events management, marketing strategy, editorial, and information technology. We have a structured framework designed to help equip our employees with the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to excel in their job roles, contributing to achieving our organizational objectives.
To support our employees’ career development, we have designed specialized programs, as well as other stand-alone role-specific and generic courses, under the emap academy.
This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Remote working or visa sponsorship are not available. emap does not offer visa sponsorship. Based on the UK employment law you need to have valid right to work in UK. Share code will be required during the interview process.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group. Together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
• 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
• Health plan
• Life assurance
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Retail discount vouchers
• Rail season ticket loans
• Private virtual GP access
• Pension scheme
• Income protection and more
• Continuous learning & development opportunities
• Seasonal flu jabs on site
• One paid volunteer day per year
• Summer and Winter parties
• Work from home during August
• In-house Excellence Awards and other innovation projects
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.