EMAP is a progressive B2B subscriptions, networking and content business with industry-leading brands, reaching customers across multiple touch points including online, print, and face to face at events, exhibitions and awards.
The CONE (Construction, Officers, Nurses, Engineers) division’s portfolio includes Nursing Times, Construction News, Local Government Chronicle, New Civil Engineering and Ground Engineer.
These are brands with huge history and significant impact. Your role will help critically important industries and sectors have access to high quality information that helps them make the important decisions we all benefit from.
A Nursing Times subscriptions contains high value clinical, learning and academic content that helps nurses with their continuous professional development and to practice safely.
Local government chronicle has been the voice of local government management since 1855. It helps local government leaders understand how local authorities are transforming the provision of services every one of us relies on – social care, education, housing and many more.
For over 150 years Construction News (CN) has been the leading provider of news and insight for the nationally important construction industry. The industry directly represents 7% of UK GDP and indirectly supports as much as 15%. Investment in construction is a major area of public policy, as demonstrated by huge projects like HS2 and Hinkley Point C, which is why when the UK economy needs a lift politicians will talk about “build, build, build”.
This is a fascinating time as the construction industry is in a period of root and branch modernisation. The sector is rapidly embracing new technologies such as AI, machine learning and big data. The industry is determined to have a more diverse workforce and has a very important role to play in helping the UK achieve net zero. It is also still grappling with the aftermath of the Grenfell Tower tragedy and the changes required to ensure building safety. The construction community has a real need for the high-quality information a subscription provides at a time of major transformation.
This role is in the Subscriptions Marketing Team and is key to driving the continued growth of this multi-million pound area of the business across all five brands. You will also work very closely with the editorial teams.
You will have subscription marketing experience across email, social, ppc, print, and have produced new acquisition and subscriber engagement campaigns. Ideally you will also have experience in marketing subscriptions face-to-face at events.
We market and sell subscriptions to individuals and companies. This exciting role will allow the successful candidate to use their wide marketing skills, and would be suitable for someone looking to work on a wider portfolio of industry leading brands.
- Plan, manage and execute marketing campaigns, specifically to acquire and retain individual subscribers.
- Plan, manage and execute marketing campaigns to generate and qualify leads for sales team, to allow them to sell corporate/group subscriptions
- Grow digital engagement across both registered users (unpaid – limited access) and subscribers (paid – full access).
- Co-ordinate activity across multiple channels including email, web, print, events and social media to ensure consistency of message.
- Work with editorial teams to understand content available and use this in engagement and acquisition campaigns.
- Value and use data in all campaigns, segmenting our audiences so we communicate the right messages to the right person at the right time.
- Understand key KPIs and hold yourself to account for these (including open and click rates, CPA, ROI, digital engagement, renewal rates).
- Value and use testing where possible in marketing campaigns (experience of Google Optimize and Adobe Campaign advantageous but other platforms equally valuable), always looking to make marginal gains.
- Represent brands at key events within the UK, both virtually and face-to-face.
- Report on campaigns, identifying winners and losers, and always looking to make improvements.
- Responsibility for managing part of the annual marketing budget.
- Work with internal and external teams including data, digital, retention and corporate teams to maximise sales effectiveness and create consistent campaign messages across all contact points.
- Work as a team to deliver to group as well as individual targets and in line with agreed priorities.
- Contribute to overall knowledge and expertise within the team to ensure growth targets are met and drive operational excellence.
- Work within and keep up to date with all industry best practice and adhere to all legal and ethical guidelines as required by all EMAP/ TRG employees (DP and privacy, competition law, ASA, Trading standards etc.)
Qualifications & Experience
- Subscriber experience will be essential to this role, ideally within publishing but other sectors with paid subscriber bases will be valuable.
- Broad experience across on and offline marketing channels. This role is not a specialist role in one area but covers the wide array of marketing opportunities. The successful candidate will be able to turn their hand (and coach the Executive) to all opportunities.
- Able to work to challenging targets within tight timeframes, prioritising and setting clear measurable and achievable goals.
- Demonstratable experience in planning, managing, and executing marketing campaigns.
- Ability to spot opportunities and transform ideas into practical reality and review existing challenges and generate fresh solutions
- Entrepreneurial spirit – Ready to work as part of the team and test and innovate to drive results
- We work with Adobe Campaign, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Datastudio and Naviga. Experience in these or other best in class providers will be invaluable.
- Standard Microsoft packages also used.
Skills & Competencies
- Wide range of marketing experience across on and offline channels
- Planning, managing, and executing marketing campaigns
- Well organised
- Ability to work with varied teams in order to meet your objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and use of excel/data packages
- Able to create a network of peers and build relationships across the business
- Confident team player
- Practical and resourceful and results orientated
- Creative thinker with drive and commitment
Hybrid working – 2 days in the office, 3 days from home.
emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Income Protection and more