- Business: emap
- Brands: Local Government Chronicle, Construction News
- Base Location: Fleet street /Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £ Competitive + 20% Bonus
This role is in the Subscriptions Marketing Team and is key to driving the continued growth of this area of the business across two of our flagship brands. The role will focus on acquiring new subscriptions and driving engagement, from both individual and group subscribers. Group subscriptions have been a key part of our growth strategy and continue to be heading into 2024.
In this role, you’ll develop comprehensive marketing strategies aimed at acquiring and retaining individual subscribers while also generating and qualifying leads for the sales team to secure corporate/group subscriptions.
Your focus will be on expanding digital engagement across varied user segments, distinguishing between registered user (unpaid with limited access) and subscribers (paid with full access). Our subscribers are both individual and those part of a corporate/group subscription taken out by an employee. You’ll use various channels to achieve this, including email, web, print, events, and social media.
Collaboration with editorial teams is crucial, using available content for effective engagement and acquisition campaigns. Central to your approach will be leveraging data, effectively segmenting audiences to personalise communication and timing, ensuring relevant messaging to specific audiences. Monitoring KPIs, such as open and click rates, CPA, ROI, digital engagement, and renewal rates, will be essential, with a focus on continuous improvement through testing.
Your role extends beyond campaigns to brand representation at key UK events, both virtually and in-person, presenting a marketing face for the brands. You’ll meticulously analyse campaign performance, identifying successful strategies and areas for enhancement, consistently aligning efforts with annual marketing budget management.
Collaboration with internal and external teams—data, digital, retention, and corporate—will be pivotal to maximize sales effectiveness and maintain consistent messaging.
Skills and Experience:
- Marketing experience will be essential to this role, ideally within publishing but other sectors with paid subscriber bases will be valuable.
- Broad experience across on and offline marketing channels. This role is not a specialist role in one area but covers the wide array of marketing opportunities. The successful candidate will be able to turn their hand to all opportunities.
- Able to work to challenging targets within tight timeframes, prioritising and setting clear measurable and achievable goals.
- Demonstratable experience in planning, managing, and executing marketing campaigns.
- Ability to spot opportunities and transform ideas into practical reality and review existing challenges and generate fresh solutions
- Entrepreneurial spirit – Ready to work as part of the team and test and innovate to drive results
- Wide range of marketing experience across on and offline channels
- Planning, managing, and executing marketing campaigns
- Well organised
- Ability to work with varied teams in order to meet your objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ·Strong analytical skills and use of excel/data packages
- Able to create a network of peers and build relationships across the business
- Confident team player
- Practical and resourceful and results orientated
- Creative thinker with drive and commitment
Learning & Development:
At emap, we believe that employee learning and development are the key drivers of our success. To ensure continuous growth and meet the ever-changing demands of the workplace, we provide an environment that fosters continuous development for our employees.
Our employees are encouraged to identify their areas of personal and professional development aligned with our strategic areas, including management development, health, safety & wellbeing, sales, events management, marketing strategy, editorial, and information technology. We have a structured framework designed to help equip our employees with the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to excel in their job roles, contributing to achieving our organizational objectives.
To support our employees’ career development, we have designed specialized programs, as well as other stand-alone role-specific and generic courses, under the emap academy.
This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group. Together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income protection and more
- Continuous learning & development opportunities
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- One paid volunteer day per year
- Summer and Winter parties
- Work from home during August
- In-house Excellence Awards and other innovation projects
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.